Brief Canon Pixma Ip5000 Review

2 replies to this topic

#1 ishan

ishan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:23 AM

I have been using the Canon Pixma IP5000 for about a week, and am amazed at its speed, photoquality printing, autoduplexing and excellent drivers (for the Macintosh, at least). I've owned a lot of inkjet printers and this printer is without question by far the best; I think the image quality exceeds that from the 990 (I think that was the model number of the printer I had) and 8 x 10 prints from a 8 MP camera are simply superb. The speed of printing is outstanding as well. Drivers (for the Macintosh) offer unbelievable flexibility regarding printing quality, duplex printing with multiple variations, etc., etc. They have even included a "quiet" mode for printing (although the printer is not loud) and you can set the time when it goes into or out of "quiet mode." This isn't as gimmicky as it sounds it you do a lot of printing at home late at night and have young kids sleeping in a nearby room, or if you have a whole office full of these printers.

Having separate ink tanks should dramatically reduce operating costs, since unlike previous inkjets I've had (mostly from HP), there are five ink cartridges and colors can be individually replaced, rather than buying an entirely new combined color ink cartridge at a cost which is about 25% of the cost of the printer. And if you print a lot of photos, that can become a lot of money really quickly...

Text printing approaches that from a laser printer, and having the duplexing function saves a lot of trees. Two separate paper trays are included.

The only negatives so far are that the paper trays hold at most a 100 sheets of 28 lb paper and the printer is so light that it "shakes" while printing.

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the review Ishan!

You might also like to post it here in the User Reviews database:

http://www.photograp...&cat=998&page=1
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 lucyrssll

lucyrssll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the Canon Pixma IP5000 ink. Oh and it's free delivery too!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users