2 replies to this topic

#1 Vinny68

Vinny68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:24 AM

Fellas (and ladies - maybe)

I'm looking to buy a flash for my 400D, up until today it was looking like the canon speedlite 430ex was going to come out top for my budget, that was until I made the mistake of walking into Jessops "for a look", they have the Jessops 360AFD at half price (99) which is a fair saving on the 430 ex. The sales assistant gave me the run down on the merits of the 360AFD, the major point being that the jessops model had a manual function which the 430ex does not have, which as far as my newbie self can make out, means that you can override the settings and adjust for variable amounts of fill in flash.
I've had a pretty exhaustive google session to try and find a review but as yet have come up with nowt.
Would be open to any advice regarding flash units for my 400D, even if they are not those 2 that I've mentioned. My budget lies somewhere in the region 100 - 150 (lower end is preferred)
I'm also thinking that at 99 quid the jessops model would be a good starter and that I could probably get a fair price on e-bay should I choose to upgrade in the future - unfortunately OC dishes of hoover command won't let me go as far as a 580 ex MkII !!!

Cheers

#2 Catterall

Catterall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

I have just bought the same Jessops flash 360AFD for my Nikon. Had it a week but am very impressed so far. I am not an expert by any means but it does the job for me. I have only used it on auto mode and have done lots of test pics and so far so good. I would recommend it for the price.

#3 Vinny68

Vinny68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

Thanks catteral

I went for the Jessops model in the end and like you am quite impressed so far - "does the job" would be a fair comment. Gonna have a play on some manual modes later on (just to really confuse myself)

happy new year

Vin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users