Film Camera Advise!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

Hi, i'm currently using a Pentax ME but need to invest in a fully manual camera for University. I have a budget of roughly 150 and will be shooting a fair amount of black + white as well as colour. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Regards, Jonny

#2 McKenzie

McKenzie

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • Interests:Classic Motorcycles, Martial Arts ( mostly Karate and Tai Chi and Kendo), Walking, Dogs and Dog Training, Rugby, wildlife and old mine exploration, mineral collecting.

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Jonny @ Dec 3 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, i'm currently using a Pentax ME but need to invest in a fully manual camera for University. I have a budget of roughly 150 and will be shooting a fair amount of black + white as well as colour. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Regards, Jonny

Hi Jonny
If you have been using the Pentax Me and have been happy with it, why not try looking for a used Pentax ME Super, this is the same basic camera as you already have, but with the addition of manual overisde . Any lenses you have will also fit this camera, so you only need to purchase a body, the can often seen for sale on Ebay. A good basic Pentax with full manual settings would be the Pentax K1000, this has been the workhorse for many students and still produces good results. The pentax MZ is also a manual camera.Any of the pentax maunual cameras may be worth considering. You could stay well within your price range and more than likely pick up a couple of lenses, tubes, or converters for your 150 budget.

A Chinon CE-4 is very similar to the Pentax manual cameras and would also be worth a look if you want to do things on a low budget and have some left over for lenses, this camera will take the Pentax lenses as well.

Hope this may have helped.

Regards
Steve
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

#3 Goodyg112

Goodyg112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Jonny @ Dec 3 2007, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regards, Jonny

I'm from the US, not sure what the exchange rate is now, but if you want to go pretty old school, I have a Minolta X-700 thats pretty good, very lightweight if you are into nature/walking photography, I'm not sure how it functions in studio photography, but it works fine in outdoor/landscape. You can get one for about 100 US$ on ebay or similar sites.

GG112

#4 kenneth

kenneth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

You might consider a Nikon FM2n- totally manual- not dependent on batteries- a classic

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users