Limits On Number Of Uploads At 1 Time

8 replies to this topic

#1 avsnbroncosfan

avsnbroncosfan

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

It is always frusterating to put a couple new pics on the main page just to have someone else come in a few minutes later with a dozen of their own, kicking my pics off into the abyss of lost photos. I know plenty of people browse shots from that entire day, but there are also plenty that dont look beyond the main page, and it would be nice to at least have a chance to be on the main page for more than a few minutes. If we could limit uploads to between 2-4 at a time, then it would take quite a while to take them off the main page. Plus, I've also noticed that when many pictures are uploaded at a time, they do not get any attention or comments, defeating the purpose of putting them on here in the first place. I've seen as many as 29 uploads from 1 person at 1 time, and consistently 6-12 uploads. Please do something to give everyone a fair shot at getting their photos noticed, if nothing more than a note on the upload screen stating your recommendation. Thanx for reading. - Dean biggrin.gif

#2 alan fear

alan fear

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (avsnbroncosfan @ Jan 2 2008, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is always frusterating to put a couple new pics on the main page just to have someone else come in a few minutes later with a dozen of their own, kicking my pics off into the abyss of lost photos. I know plenty of people browse shots from that entire day, but there are also plenty that dont look beyond the main page, and it would be nice to at least have a chance to be on the main page for more than a few minutes. If we could limit uploads to between 2-4 at a time, then it would take quite a while to take them off the main page. Plus, I've also noticed that when many pictures are uploaded at a time, they do not get any attention or comments, defeating the purpose of putting them on here in the first place. I've seen as many as 29 uploads from 1 person at 1 time, and consistently 6-12 uploads. Please do something to give everyone a fair shot at getting their photos noticed, if nothing more than a note on the upload screen stating your recommendation. Thanx for reading. - Dean biggrin.gif

You are not alone here Dean. I feel exactly the same way about "flooding", but I think it is done not knowing the etiquette of blogging. It seems only to be done by the newcomers, and all the regulars are too polite to say anything. I just don't post comments on batches of posts, but that doesn't solve the problem. Maybe the answer would be to set out guidelines of accepted practices, I wouldn't like to see rules applied though. Most people are happy to go with the flow, as long as they know what is accepted and what is not. It is frustrating though! dry.gif

Cheers, smile.gif Alan

#3 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

For a while before you guys joined I was pointing out the etiquette to newbies posting large numbers and I think Chris (Pacificphoto)was doing it before I joined.
I just got tired of being mr nasty all the time and do what Alan does- ignore them.
You will find that some folks post and do not acknowledge comments not comment on others..just a fact of life...john
We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#4 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hi Guys, smile.gif
I also am in agreement with the problem of "Flooding" and I also have wrote the member who as Dean mentioned post to the extreme limit. Also another newbie who is from China & hardly knows how to speak English, yet alone write it. I also wrote Mark on this matter. Not sure how he appreciated my feedback, never recieved a reply.
I'm not sure IF anything could be done (hint) but I'm with the 3 of you as to the flooding issue.
Thanks Dean for posting your comments, perhaps others will also add theirs & "maybe" something will be done. smile.gif
~Kelly

#5 pacificphoto

pacificphoto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:44 AM

Yeah, what you guys said!

Because, you know, we've already said everything else.

Cheers, chaps! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Chris

#6 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

Okay... Not sure how many members feel there is an abuse of daily images uploaded but my guess from chatting with members is that "Enough is Enough"...
I think/feel that many of us are indeed getting feedup with there being no set limits in the area where on sets an account up.
I have sent Mark letters but no responce forthcoming.
Not sure if any other members have noticed that one new member in particular has & is continually uploaded up to 17 images in a single day.... even after being sent a rather nice encouragement of not flooding the Gallery.
But this new member: boldboldo Obviously has no concern other than the fact of having his/her images on front page Gallery & to "H" with anyone else's.
I'm truly feed up that Nothing is being done about this & I AM a Paying Client to this blog.
Perhaps what we need to do is take a VOTE on this matter with Mark???
Sincerily Kelly

#7 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

JasminenHoney, I've replied to your message.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#8 desertpea

desertpea

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (JasminenHoney @ Jan 7 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys, smile.gif
I also am in agreement with the problem of "Flooding" and I also have wrote the member who as Dean mentioned post to the extreme limit. Also another newbie who is from China & hardly knows how to speak English, yet alone write it. I also wrote Mark on this matter. Not sure how he appreciated my feedback, never recieved a reply.
I'm not sure IF anything could be done (hint) but I'm with the 3 of you as to the flooding issue.
Thanks Dean for posting your comments, perhaps others will also add theirs & "maybe" something will be done. smile.gif
~Kelly

Does it really matter? Some people post photos to be shared with their friends - ignore them.

Don't appreciate the racist comment about 'newbie who is from China' barely knowing how to speak/write English (how well do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese?), especially from someone whose comments verge on the illiterate.

Life's too short to be bogged down by minutiae. Relax for goodness sake!

Jan

#9 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (desertpea @ Mar 11 2008, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JasminenHoney @ Jan 7 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Guys, smile.gif
~Kelly

Does it really matter? Some people post photos to be shared with their friends - ignore them.

Don't appreciate the racist comment about 'newbie who is from China' barely knowing how to speak/write English (how well do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese?), especially from someone whose comments verge on the illiterate.

Life's too short to be bogged down by minutiae. Relax for goodness sake!

Sorry Jan but my remark & comment as to the person from China was not intended to be of a race issue.
Some ppl mistake written words as racist and that was not my intent... to her/him or you or any other person who reads this.
I too wrote this person a very simple & polite responce & had no objection from them.
Again, I am not pointing fingers at so & so... I'm writing as to the "FACT" on "Flooding... just that simple.
No hard or ill feelings towards them... I agree most ppl who join & are new have no clue as to how many images per day are enough... I totally disagree about this site being a rather come by night & flood site... rather when I joined it was due to checking out alot of other sites... veiwing not only images but also what I could & would learn from others who really are into learning "Photography" & not just snap shot photo's that anyone can take. As to ignoring... perhaps some of us have less patience than others... is that a bad thing?
I hardly think so, just a difference in option.
So just as you have yours, I too along with other's have mine/ours.
Thanks... Kelly

Jan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users