1 reply to this topic

#1 David Straitjacket

David Straitjacket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:56 PM

Hi everyone

A quick introduction. My name is David Straitjacket, as well as being a solo sword swallower, sideshow and escape artist, I also run a circus sideshow, with acts ranging from the funny to the very extreme indeed.

As part as a year long charity project I am going to be breaking four world records in January to benefit the Big Issue, as such we need some promotional photos, both for the charity event and for our ongoing projects. Details of the event can be found here: http://www.thebigrecord.com

Unlike regular promo shots which focus heavily on the skills performed we want to do something a little different. For instance, a lot of what I do revolves around straitjacket escapes and sword swallowing. In the past the shots have all been of me in a straitjacket, or with a sword down my throat etc. This time we want to style the shots around classy fashion photography, so instead of the focus being on the jacket, it would be on the person, clothes etc, the straitjacket perhaps being slung over the shoulder, noticeable, but almost incidental to the shot. For the more extreme stuff, my performance partner Martin might be photographed with a needle sticking right through his face, but again, it is noticeable without being the focus.

The above are just a couple of examples, hopefully it makes sense. I am not trying to dictate what I want by the way, just giving an outline of my ideas, I understand anyone taking photos has their own vision too.

We are based in the Manchester area and would hope to find someone local. We do not have the money to pay a professional, and hope to find someone who wants something exciting and different with which to expand their portfolio, we will of course pay our share of all costs, and will list the photographer as a sponsor of the World Record event (which is gaining a lot of publicity at the moment, more as the date approaches). Obviously we would also give full credit to the photographer. I have several good urban locations in mind which would save money on studio time.

So if you want something different in your portfolio please let me know. Students are also welcome to get in touch.

To see more about our acts please go too: http://www.thefreakshow.co.uk

Thanks

David Straitjacket
david@thefreakshow.co.uk

#2 David Straitjacket

David Straitjacket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:00 PM

Hi. I would just like to thanks everyone that has responded to my message with offers of help. Initially I thought we would get one offer, perhaps two, and right now I have about 20 messages to reply to, and more keep coming.

Obviously we won't be able to do 20 different photo sessions, and I never expected to be picking someone over 19 other people. Its not something I am very comfortable with either!

Again, thanks to anyone that has offered to help. I am pretty sure I have emailed everyone, if i have missed anyone out please let me know. But at this point we obviously don't need any more offers.

Cheers

David

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users