2 replies to this topic

#1 terry try hard

terry try hard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

Hi guys.

I am going to Silverstone for the GP and was wondering what sort of equipment I would need to take some good shots. I was thinking along the line of a telephoto lens but dont have a clue as to what I should be looking for???

I was also thinking about getting a Lowepro slingshot 200aw bag???

Am I on the right tracks?? Any suggestions??

Cheers

Terry

#2 McKenzie

McKenzie

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,576 posts
  • Interests:Classic Motorcycles, Martial Arts ( mostly Karate and Tai Chi and Kendo), Walking, Dogs and Dog Training, Rugby, wildlife and old mine exploration, mineral collecting.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:38 AM

Hi Terry,
I would think a telephoto zoom smewhere in the 70-300mm range would be good for your requirements, there are quite a few to choose from, but be careful what you buy with regard to use on the D40X , I believe some lenses are not compatible. Having said that I think Sigma or Tamron have brought out a new lens that will do he job. Nikon do a couple of nice zooms that would work well but the price will be a lot higher.
You might also consider getting a monopod/tripod for use at the longer end of the zoom, your shutter speeds generaly want to be up around 450th of a sec or higher at 300mm to avoid shake/blur.
All the Lowepro bags look to be very nice bits of kit.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Steve
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

#3 benjaminhutchinson

benjaminhutchinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hi, if you would not like to spend to much money, I would sugges the Sigma 70-300mm APO HSM as this wil autofocus with the Nikon D40x. It is priced at around 115 on ebay.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users