Pinhole Camera Design

1 reply to this topic

#1 Andy G

Andy G

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

I am going to build a pinhole camera as both a woodwork and photography project. I already have a 5x4 dark slide back so have the rough dimentions of the rear of the box, however, I need advice on the other parts of building thes machine.

Firstly, what size should the hole be, and secondly, what distance from the plate should the front of the camera be to get the best results?

Also is it a good idea to paint the inside of the camera black?

I have a lens cap and manual shutter sorted. and wondered if making the hole out of brass would be a good idea, if so what thickness would be best, given the size of the hole to be made?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

#2 McKenzie

McKenzie

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts
  • Interests:Classic Motorcycles, Martial Arts ( mostly Karate and Tai Chi and Kendo), Walking, Dogs and Dog Training, Rugby, wildlife and old mine exploration, mineral collecting.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

I can not offer much advice on this project, but the pinhole needs to be as acurate as possible with a very clean cut edge, some of the best pinhole body caps used on digital cameras offer a lazer cut hole, try a search on the net, I am sure there is a lot of information out there that willl help you!

Regards
Steve
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users