Printing An Image As An A1 Poster

3 replies to this topic

#1 danielreid

danielreid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hiya, I hope one of you smart lot can help me out wink.gif .

I have an image that I would really like printed as an A1 poster... however I am not sure if the image is large enough to do this without it looking a bit rubbish. The image is 1592*2462 pixels (thats 8.844*13.689 inches) with a pixel/inch of 180.

So whaddya think? I have no idea how to calculate this kind of thing... I don't know that those measurements I gave you are any use to you to figure this out... but I hope it is! biggrin.gif

Ta!
Daniel Reid

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

You really need a PPI of 300, minimum of 200, which makes the image smaller straightaway.

Therefore you'll need to use Photoshop or another software program like Genuine Fractals to interpolate the image up to the A1 dimensions, then see how it looks.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

I was going to suggest a similar thing. Resize your image to A1 dimensions and then crop a 6x4 from it and get it printed. You will need to print it to check it not just rely on the screen...john
We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#4 adenstrauss

adenstrauss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

When an enterprise in the promotion of large-scale activities, which may include meetings and sales activities, they need to be to promote a large number of people. To do this, companies tend to use high-volume printing and distribution of the order A2 in the key areas which may or regional events.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users