Macro Lens

1 reply to this topic

#1 feederback

feederback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Hi. I have been using my new sony A 100 which I purchased a while ago now. The lenses are not cut out for what I want to capture. i.e. Very small insects, Leaves, Plants, Flowers and the like.

I need a lens that is designed specifically for macro although it would be good to have one which could also be used for other work too. Something versatile. Any suggestions??

Thanks. smile.gif

#2 McKenzie

McKenzie

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,576 posts
  • Interests:Classic Motorcycles, Martial Arts ( mostly Karate and Tai Chi and Kendo), Walking, Dogs and Dog Training, Rugby, wildlife and old mine exploration, mineral collecting.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

I am not sure which lenses are available for the A100, but I should think you have a couple of choices.
A dedicated Macro lens at around 100mm will give excelent results and 1:1 reproduction ( true macro) and could be used for portraits but you may well have to soften the results for portraiture, as they will show every single blemish!

Another choice would be something like a 70-300mm range with a macro setting, allthough this would not be a true macro at a 1:2 reproduction, but this would be a more versatile lens.
You may also be able to use extension tubes or bellows with your current lenses or even a lens reversing ring, all these will increase your options for close ups.

It all depends what is important to you, if you want really good macro shots, get a dedicated macro lens.
I am sure if you browse the various forums/manufacturers on the web you will get some more ideas.

Hope this helps.
Steve

QUOTE (feederback @ Apr 29 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. I have been using my new sony A 100 which I purchased a while ago now. The lenses are not cut out for what I want to capture. i.e. Very small insects, Leaves, Plants, Flowers and the like.

I need a lens that is designed specifically for macro although it would be good to have one which could also be used for other work too. Something versatile. Any suggestions??

Thanks. smile.gif

You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users