Pb's Latest Forum - Samples Of Pre-tested Rebel 450 Xsi

4 replies to this topic

#1 EyesofBoojum

EyesofBoojum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

sad.gif In newest sample images of the Canon Rebel 450Xso I was left with many questions after viewing your shots. In short they were not the best in terms of sharpness nor color fringing. I am a very long time Canon Shooter using camera dating from the original F-1 Film cameras to the 1st and second Digital Rebels the 300 and the 350. I have Items of irritation with Canon's flash system results from all the flashes taken with Canons auto flashes but I can honestly say that have never gotten the type of terrible images that you exhibit in this artical. The sharpest area of the frame of any given lens is usually the center. That is not the case here. It also appears the the body was allowed to select the subject in many pics so that you need to download and scroll around the image to discover the focal point. Even in the massive building shots the building themselves are not tact sharp. No where is the lens used mentioned so I am assuming that the new 17-55IS zoom was used. If this is true then the lens definitely is not on my lenses to use under any cercumstance. So what lens was used.

Item 2: When using a multi-focal point camera and you allow the camera to pick the poing of focus it is still required to decide whether or not to go with that point. That lack of choosing the point is what I think happened here and why many of the images are not sharp. I fact if the images that are displayed here would make me decide to forego this model and wait til the next one. OR get a good PS camera. I am positive that is not representative of the camera and will decide when Canon finally decides to ship my previously ordered 450 Xsi body only. Come on Canon I am waiting. I loved my 300 and 350 models.

Eyes of Boojum 5/3/2008

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

The lens used for all the samples images was the standard kit lens - the EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 EyesofBoojum

EyesofBoojum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (markgoldstein @ May 4 2008, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The lens used for all the samples images was the standard kit lens - the EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS.

Thank you Mark for your quick responct. I am happy that I did not want the new lens with the body. I am anxiously awaiting delivery of the body. Have you heard when Canon will release it to the general public. Thank you again. Also what iso do you normal shoot your tests at?

John R. Spurr
Eyes of Boojum

#4 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

Most of the test shots were taken at ISO 100 or 200, with the indoor images using anything from 400 up to ISO 3200 (whichever setting provided a hand-holdable shutter speed).
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#5 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

It turns out that the first 18-55m kit lens was faulty...

So we've uploaded an entirely new set of photos taken with another 18-55mm lens.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users