2 replies to this topic

#1 ashish pareek

ashish pareek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:photography,basketball,swimming

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

hi people ..... i need ur help. actually m new to photography n i just want to know which cam is the best for the starters. unsure.gif

#2 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:05 AM

Hi Ashish.. You are probably not going to like my response but you have to tell us what you want to do with your camera for folks to make any meaningful recommendations.

Most folks on this site use a digital SLR so I presume you want a digital SLR.
The first decision you have to make then is the brand, as the lens from one brand will generally not fit other brands. So Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony.
I read somewhere Canon have about 50% market share and Nikon 35%. Many folks on this site have one of the other brands for various reasons but let's stick with the main story.
Having selected your brand you could go down the route I took which is get a deal with a twin lens kit which will do until you are ready to go for better quality lens's.
You need to be aware that as soon as you buy a body it will be almost superceded by a new model but your lens will continue to fit the next one you buy provided you stay with the brand.
If you have the money you could go with a body and good lens to start but, in my view, you are better to start with kit len's until you work out which of the many quality lens you would first like to purchase...
Others will tell you to go for their favourite brand but take your time, go into a store and hold the top 5 above. L:ook at the features, look at the deals...all make great SLR cameras.

john
We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#3 ashish pareek

ashish pareek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:photography,basketball,swimming

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

thanx so much john ........... it's my pleasure that i hv got suggestion from u........... meet u after a short break. biggrin.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users