3 replies to this topic

#1 peteinnit

peteinnit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

Hi all,
I am looking a buying a scanner to put all my 35mm slides and some negs onto CD. can anyone recomend a good model?

With scanning, would the result be better, if I scanned a photo instead of the original slide, neg?

Thanks,

Peter

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

The Nikon scanners have always been popular. You'll get better results by scanning the neg/slide.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:04 AM

I mentioned somewhere else that the Epson photo line (I have a 1660 which is about 5 years old) of scanners do a good job for a very reasonable price.
An attachment supplied with the scanner lets you do 4 at a time. It is relatively slow but I did not want to fork out for a dedicated slide scanner...john
We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#4 okstatealumni1

okstatealumni1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

There are also services that scan slides in for you. I found a great website that scans in old time slides into digital files for extremely reasonable prices ($0.18-$0.26). The company also adjusts color, grain, sharpening, white balance and more for no extra charge. The website is: http://www.slidescanningpros.com/
Check it out!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users