2 replies to this topic

#1 Adam12

Adam12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hello,
I have a Canon 35mm SLR; when I move the lens back and forth it sounds like a paper rubbing on paper coming from inside the lens. Is the lens broken or is that normal?

Thanks,
Adam

#2 sameashby

sameashby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful Family (husband, 2 kids, bump), photography, walking and reading.<br /><br />I've just got my first SLR!! I have a second hand sony A100 with a 18-70mm macro lens, and I'm happily experimenting with what I can do. I'm really impressed by the fact i can get good pictures of teh children without sticking the camera up their noses! we also have a Canon Ixus 70, which is a wonderful compact camera (I love it, it's brilliant) which is perfect for keeping in a pocket for capturing a great moment. I'm hoping to turn semi pro at some point, so all ideas and constructive criticism is very very welcome!

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Adam12 @ Jun 8 2008, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,
I have a Canon 35mm SLR; when I move the lens back and forth it sounds like a paper rubbing on paper coming from inside the lens. Is the lens broken or is that normal?

Thanks,
Adam

Sounds like what happened to both my husbands 35mm slr and also to his compact digital. He got sand in them. I've investigated repair, and in both cases was told it's not worth it. replace is cheaper. they will continue to function for a while, but 1) it will sound awful and 2) it will drain the battery something rotten, which is expensive with the non-digital eos series. Then it will jam solid. game over. sad.gif

#3 sameashby

sameashby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful Family (husband, 2 kids, bump), photography, walking and reading.<br /><br />I've just got my first SLR!! I have a second hand sony A100 with a 18-70mm macro lens, and I'm happily experimenting with what I can do. I'm really impressed by the fact i can get good pictures of teh children without sticking the camera up their noses! we also have a Canon Ixus 70, which is a wonderful compact camera (I love it, it's brilliant) which is perfect for keeping in a pocket for capturing a great moment. I'm hoping to turn semi pro at some point, so all ideas and constructive criticism is very very welcome!

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Adam12 @ Jun 8 2008, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

Thanks,
Adam

Sounds like what happened to both my husbands 35mm slr and also to his compact digital. He got sand in them. I've investigated repair, and in both cases was told it's not worth it. replace is cheaper. they will continue to function for a while, but 1) it will sound awful and 2) it will drain the battery something rotten, which is expensive with the non-digital eos series. Then it will jam solid. game over. sad.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users