2 replies to this topic

#1 gareth001

gareth001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hi,

New to this forum as about to get my first digital camera. For a while I was looking at the Nikon D40x and the D80. But after long consideration I realised I didn't need or could justify the extra cost of a semi pro full SLR. However I still would like a decent optical zoom, hence my consideration of the above mentioned.

However I'm now left in a quandry, with the s9600 I get most of the functions offered from a full SLR, the FZ18 about the same, but better zoom, but manual focus on joystick. Then the TZ5 is much smaller than the other two, but does not have as many controls, like manual focus.

My main decision is do I go for size over features?

Would I be disapointed if I went for the compact TZ5 for lack of control over the image being taken?

Thanks for any views or other points to consider.

Thanks

Gareth

#2 old dog

old dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (gareth001 @ Jun 9 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

New to this forum as about to get my first digital camera. For a while I was looking at the Nikon D40x and the D80. But after long consideration I realised I didn't need or could justify the extra cost of a semi pro full SLR. However I still would like a decent optical zoom, hence my consideration of the above mentioned.

However I'm now left in a quandry, with the s9600 I get most of the functions offered from a full SLR, the FZ18 about the same, but better zoom, but manual focus on joystick. Then the TZ5 is much smaller than the other two, but does not have as many controls, like manual focus.

My main decision is do I go for size over features?

Would I be disapointed if I went for the compact TZ5 for lack of control over the image being taken?

Thanks for any views or other points to consider.

Thanks

Gareth

#3 old dog

old dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Have you tried Fuji's S100FS zoom
i think it beats all of the one's you have been looking at
price my be high
but just got mine from DELL ---