Photo

Profile Versus Viewing Profile

4 replies to this topic

#1 robedwcar

robedwcar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Currently I am a student at Louisiana State University and married to a lovely woman named Terri. Photography has become a hobby between studying. I keep a daily journal of my pictures at the website listed.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Since the Profile and Viewing Profile are obviously different (though I have no I idea why we need so many profiles). Has anyone figured out how to get to the Viewing Profile of members that have not made comments on the board.
I know you can get to the Viewing Profile by clicking on the profile button under each users comment but am stuck on how to get there otherwise. The profile button under the users photo takes you straight to some other profile page.

The point of my wanting to go to the viewing profile is to be able to send PM's to users who may have never commented in the gallery before.

I think there is another newcomer who is posting alot but has no idea that his/her photo's are going to the front page. I don't think these people even know about the commenting feature on each photo since there have been no responses to any photo comments. Hopefully a PM or Message would get straight to them to politely and let them know in private.

Anyway, anybody know how to do what I am asking?
-Regards
Robert

#2 Oly_M

Oly_M

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:16 AM

I think if you do a search on their username, you can probably get to their pm link...

But for the other, I'm starting to think we should just all flood the gallery whenever we feel like it... It's your turn Rob rolleyes.gif
"The poetry of photography will always be more important than the mechanics of the camera..." - J-H. Lartigue

#3 robedwcar

robedwcar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Currently I am a student at Louisiana State University and married to a lovely woman named Terri. Photography has become a hobby between studying. I keep a daily journal of my pictures at the website listed.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Oly_M @ Jun 19 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think if you do a search on their username, you can probably get to their pm link...

But for the other, I'm starting to think we should just all flood the gallery whenever we feel like it... It's your turn Rob rolleyes.gif

You are my hero. I'll start looking for material to post right away. wink.gif
-Regards
Robert

#4 tivey

tivey

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

Lol you two!!!! Only problem is I am running out of gallery space!! Help!

Viv

#5 robedwcar

robedwcar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (tivey @ Jun 20 2008, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol you two!!!! Only problem is I am running out of gallery space!! Help!

Viv

Definitely feel your pain. I have not gotten a paid account yet and periodically have to purge out the older images from my online account in order to make room for sharing the newer images. I just keep a backup on my computer of the images. The sad thing about that is having to get rid of the wonderful comments that have been made on the image. sad.gif Oh well, I will upgrade soon enough.
-Regards
Robert

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users