Photo

Help - Photos Deleted Automatically (canon Ixus 960is)

8 replies to this topic

#1 jezebel8

jezebel8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

Just bought a canon Ixus 960is about a month ago.. Had no problem, pretty happy until recently... Have taken around 30 - 40 photos, when I switched it off, and when I turn it back on, all my photos were gone... I couldn't find them anywhere... and it's happened twice again..

Can someone advise me what is wrong? Is the camera faulty? I thought maybe my pictures were hidden somewhere in my memory stick, but when I tried uploading it.. they were truly gone =(

I have an 8GB memory card as well.. Anyone has any idea what happened? Is something faulty? The camera? The memory stick?

Anyone had this kind of problem with their digi cam or with the canon ixus 960is?

Thanks in advance.

#2 jabber

jabber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:the great outdoors<br /><br />angling

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

i may be wrong but are you saving the pics to the card ? or maybe just in camera memory ?
i have no experience of this camera but see if its set up is wrong

#3 Greg1

Greg1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (jabber @ Jun 22 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i may be wrong but are you saving the pics to the card ? or maybe just in camera memory ?
i have no experience of this camera but see if its set up is wrong

Hi,

It seems that your memory card is corrupt. To get your images back use any good image recovery software such as Stellar Phoenix photo recovery utility. This utility works well for recover from memory card. Just download the demo version from product website>check the preview of recovered images and purchase it. In this way you can get images back. It will cost few dollars but you'll get your images back.

Thanks

#4 sameashby

sameashby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful Family (husband, 2 kids, bump), photography, walking and reading.<br /><br />I've just got my first SLR!! I have a second hand sony A100 with a 18-70mm macro lens, and I'm happily experimenting with what I can do. I'm really impressed by the fact i can get good pictures of teh children without sticking the camera up their noses! we also have a Canon Ixus 70, which is a wonderful compact camera (I love it, it's brilliant) which is perfect for keeping in a pocket for capturing a great moment. I'm hoping to turn semi pro at some point, so all ideas and constructive criticism is very very welcome!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

I have an ixus too. I know that you cannot take an image without a memory card in - the camera has no memory of its own. First of all check your card over to see if it in good order (are the pins damaged?) and also checked that it is unlocked - there's a tiny slider that moves from locked to unlocked. if it is in the locked position you can niether record nor delete images from th card. If there is no visible damage, check your manual to confirm that your camera is compattible with SDHC cards (high capacity). It should be, mine is. My mum's on the other hand can't take a card over 1GB. Thereafter, you're into the realms of corrupted cards and replacements. Some cards come with a lifetime gaurantee, so it is well worth complainign to the manufacturer or retailer. Try it with another card in. There should be a very small capacity (about 32MB) that came with the camera. If it doesn't work with that, then hold the complaint to the card maker and complain to canon instead.
Hope this is helpful.
Good luck!

#5 lancy

lancy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

There are high chances of getting back all your photos. Try to purchase a card reader and run Adroit Photo Recovery Software on it. This software recovered all the snaps which were accidentally deleted from my memory card. Certainly worth trying!

#6 Kevin Sken

Kevin Sken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

Your memory stick is corrupted.But all your photos are still stored there and you can recover them with this:
1. Do not save any new photos into the memory stick.
2. Insert the memory stick into a card reader. Connect it with computer. You should see it shown as a drive letter (like H:) in My Computer.
3. Download memory stick recovery software, recommend one is Tenorshare Data Recovery (simply because i was using it and it worked)
http://www.any-data-...erystandard.htm
4. Install and open the program, select your memory drive, and click 'Start' button to start scanning process which will find your photos.

#7 sannyfairy54

sannyfairy54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

In order to recover your deleted photos or videos, you can go for deleted video recovery which helps you to recover as well as restore all your pictures in least amount of time period.

#8 Selenerter452

Selenerter452

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

No matter what happened to your camera photos, stop using this camera, especially the inner memory card. In your case, anything new on the same memory card would erase your needed photos and make them gone permanently. So, you should take care.

And then connect this memory card to your computer via a card Reader and select a proper data recovery program to take a chance. Nowadays, there are many professional data recovery programs that are developed to help the user retrieve their inaccessible data back.

Just search some efficient memory card data recovery freeware online: http://geeksdo.com/f...a-recovery.html

At last, after the data recovery process, not forget to back up all your restored photos on a different drives or memory card in case of data loss.

#9 Kiyomi

Kiyomi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Just google for answers, many useful sofwtare can help you retrieve the lost photos.

Here is a guide for you:  Recover Deleted Photos from Canon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users