7 replies to this topic

#1 SGB

SGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

Hi
This is my first contribution to the Forum. Can anyone help me open RAW files from my Canon 450d in Photoshop CS2? I have tried converting them to DNG but no success. Am I being an idiot?

#2 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

You're not being an idiot. Canon doesn't provide (or Adobe doesn't) the correct software to use CS2 on newer cameras. When I got my 40D, I had to upgrade to CS3 to open the raw files. In the meantime, you can use the software that Canon sends with the camera.

Chris

#3 SGB

SGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (SGB @ Jun 23 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi
This is my first contribution to the Forum. Can anyone help me open RAW files from my Canon 450d in Photoshop CS2? I have tried converting them to DNG but no success. Am I being an idiot?

thank you Chris. I find CS3 a bit beyond my budget now but having used RAW do not like the thought of doing without. I will try the Canon software and look around for a reasonable CS3. I do not like the idea of 'cracking' it. One of the Amazon sellers has it new ofr £379+ postage. Sally

#4 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

I hear there's a Photoshop Elements 6 out now. Perhaps that can help, at a fraction of the cost.

Chris

#5 mc_hino

mc_hino

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

Of course you can open raw files with Photoshop CS2 with Bridge; you only need to upload a raw plugin and paste it in photoshop filters, that's all. Look it up on internet, you'll see how to do it because it's very easy but it can be a bit confussing.

Carmen.

#6 tmat

tmat

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Computers, Electronics,Country Walks and real ale.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (SGB @ Jun 23 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

The latest version of Adobe DNG convertor supports the 450D. Download it from the Adobe site convert your Raw files to DNG format and open them with CS2 for processing ..... Tony

#7 HelenC

HelenC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

I was a regular CS user until I was introduced to Adobe Lightroom . If you want to make basic adjustments to photos rather than any heavy duty work it makes it much easier to both manage your library and make the adjustments - and it handles RAW without any need for conversion.
You can download a trial version from the Adobe site if you want to check it out. It's also much cheaper than PShop. I can't recommend it highly enough... smile.gif

Helen

#8 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

SGB, so glad to hear there are more options than I originally thought.

Chris

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users