• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 disgo55

disgo55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

I own a Samsung Sync Master 226bw,and it's considered a low end monitor.
I've been thinking of Purchasing a Eye-One Display 2 calibrator,
do you think that it's worth the bye,for such a low end monitor?
Thank you.

#2 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:55 AM

I also use a similar Samsung the 2253bw (BW is just black widescreen). I am not familiar with the calibrator you mention. I have used a datacolor spyder which so far I have borowed.
The base model is $140Australian or around 70 quid.
After calibration my monitor is dark to some who exhibit here but fine to friends in Oz where I have taken images and cross checked.
Why do you want to calibrate?
If it is to send images to commercial printers, some in this country at least will sell you an image kit calibrated to their printer for $5.
If it is to exhibit here, calibrating your monitor is no guarantee others will agree with your image.
If it is to print to your own printer you can get a feel for the difference and fly by the seat of your pants.
I did check my screen over a week and found some change but not enough to bother me. I print my own images to an epson R2400, so at the price of ink and paper, can spoil around 100 prints for the price of a calibrator.
I may lash out later but so far have coped.
In summary...see if you can borrow one to evaluate. The calibration process itself is not black and white (pardon the pun) and it is possible that you will not achieve much that cannot be done with the simple grayscale.....john

We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#3 Elana

Elana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (disgo55 @ Jul 1 2008, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own a Samsung Sync Master 226bw,and it's considered a low end monitor.
I've been thinking of Purchasing a Eye-One Display 2 calibrator,
do you think that it's worth the bye,for such a low end monitor?
Thank you.

Hi,

I see I am a couple of months late to this discussion. Did you buy the Eye-One Display 2 or one of the Spyder3Pro/Spyder3Elite?

Thank you,
Elana L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users