2 replies to this topic

#1 soender

soender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photoshop, International horseracing,

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

For some weeks I have been wondering why 95% of all photos shown here on these pages are what you could describe as "Still life" pics? (Germans and artist painters call it "Stilleben")
The most praised and the chosen in the competitions (that was for you, Mark) are all supersharp, rich colours with no movement in them and absolutely not of people.
Where are all the photos of people doing things, sportsmen excercising their sport, funny situations from a busy street, kids riding their bikes, shots full of motion blur, not necessarily pin point sharp? Photos of and with life!!
Am I simply in the wrong photoblog ?
Or could I be wrong ? Nooo, not that...
What do you say? Can we change it? Should we try at all?
A nice day to you all.
soender

#2 mc_hino

mc_hino

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

Hi Soender,

I personally like the kind of photography you are describing most than other, people doing things and catching unique moments. Maybe there are less of those images here but there are, and most of my pics which Mark chooses for competitions are people images. I think last week Mark picked one of mine, 'Go Summer, Go', that one is full of movement and not pin sharp because it has motion.

I suggest you to post the kind of images you like so the porcentage of them will be higher.

Cheers rolleyes.gif
Carmen.

#3 soender

soender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photoshop, International horseracing,

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Hi Carmen,
Yes that would be the logical thing to do. ( I really kicked myself there, didnīt I ! wink.gif )
I am going to do just that and not bother if anyone like them or not. Life is more than 10īs isnīt it
Thanks for replying.
soender

QUOTE (mc_hino @ Jul 6 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Soender,

I personally like the kind of photography you are describing most than other, people doing things and catching unique moments. Maybe there are less of those images here but there are, and most of my pics which Mark chooses for competitions are people images. I think last week Mark picked one of mine, 'Go Summer, Go', that one is full of movement and not pin sharp because it has motion.

I suggest you to post the kind of images you like so the porcentage of them will be higher.

Cheers rolleyes.gif
Carmen.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users