Mixing Art And Photography... Painting Over Photos

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_stacey_*

Guest_stacey_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 11:23 AM

HI,
Im a newbie, this is my first post on here so i hope i get some replies.

Im studying photography, but ive always been into art until the last year or so. I want to mix the two together by painting and inking over images to mix media.

Trying to research this is like looking for a needle in a haystack as i cant find any names or artists/photographers who do this kind of thing....

So was hoping someone out there could help?

I look forward to your replies!

x stacey

#2 dread_ph

dread_ph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:38 AM

Check out Holly Roberts, Maggie Taylor, Tom Chambers, Jan Saudek, Joel-Peter Witkin, and Robert Parke-Harrison for some excellent mixed media work. The later three are fairly well known and you should have no problem finding one or two of their books in a good bookstore.

I'd strongly suggest you just start making images. Go with your gut and go wild. After enough experimentation you should start to see things you like and dislike...continue from there.

Good luck to you.

#3 artsypatsy

artsypatsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:acrylic painting, photography, gardening

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

Hi Stacey, I hand-embellish prints of my paintings, which I have printed on canvas paper, and they turn out quite well. I am sure you could work with prints of your photographs with beautiful, and unique results, since no two would be exactly the same. I am sure you could find any number of printing companies who use canvas paper, or watercolor paper if you prefer. Good luck on your mixed media pieces. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments.
Pat

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users