• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blakestephen

blakestephen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

Four Blank Walls do fantastic trade prices for photographers on perspex art and canvas prints. They do dye sublimation canvases too which are better than your usual naf giclee style prints that crack etc..

Check em out at http://www.fourblankwalls.co.uk

#2 joe.inom

joe.inom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

hey did you know that the earliest prints to be called "Giclée" were created in the early 1990s on the Iris Graphics models 3024 and 3047 continuous inkjet printers (the company was later taken over by Scitex). Iris printers were originally developed to produce prepress proofs from digital files for jobs where color matching was critical such as product containers and magazine publication. Their output was used to check what the colors would look like before mass production began. Much experimentation took place to try to adapt the Iris printer to the production of color faithful, aesthetically pleasing reproductions of artwork. Early Iris prints were relatively fugitive and tended to show color degradation after only a few years. The use of newer inksets and printing substrates has extended the longevity and light fastness of Iris prints.

#3 dave c

dave c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

smile.gif Not bad at all. good site.

although I do acrylic cheaper both at retail and trade.

Contact me if you want a chat, thats if your not fourblankwalls wink.gif

its all good, happy.gif

Dave.

btw, canvas cracking is from cheap canvas, beware of the nasty matt stuff sad.gif

#4 joe.inom

joe.inom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

hey ,i even hear of the matt stuffs , many peoplesogot dozzed by that , but also like the peoples can find that out simply , by that they can just scrath teh cloth peice out , it is quite smootehr than the original canvas.

#5 EchoAndBounce

EchoAndBounce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

Image Shed are really good for Perspex Art as well, the print directly onto the perspex so you get a transparency too (which my preference):

Check them out - their site is www.imageshed.co.uk

On the printed canvas and generally new digital art product topic:

Yea. I have tried a number of different canvases, there are so many people out there that do them now and the standard varies hugely, someone (perhaps the fine art guild?) should try and regulate the market for new art products better. It's no good to just go online and select the cheapest as generally you end up with something that is not exhibition quality and it's a return postage fee or worse- no refund at all.

I know there are standards so if you go to a framing gallery what you are actually buying is a product that has been many years in the developing, each of the materials you are purchasing within your frame have been tested so they don't react or get damaged easily so the framed art lasts for as long as possible and is framed to the highest standard. These same standards aren't there yet in the giclee trade, many galleries don't even put a decent over laminate or varnish on to protect the print, which is the same as not putting a glass over your photographic framed print- you wouldn't do it!

Fast Art, Cheap Art, Supermarket Art is not necessarily the best value for money, it's pretty throwaway stuff. There are a few companies out there that pride themselves on doing top notch work, but so many people just go for the former... (Is it ignorance or lack of cash ?) What happened to biting the bullet, paying for high standards and creating things that will last generations not minutes?

#6 Theruttstar

Theruttstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:17 AM

I looked around for a long time and the thing I noticed was a lot of businesses do cheap perspex sandwichs instead of rear mounting.

I went with http://www.opix.co.uk in the end because they are also on ebay and hence I could see all the good honest feedback they had received for their perspex art, they did a fantastic job.

My recommendation is to do your research and look for companies with a good reputation.

#7 Frank Wright

Frank Wright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

MyBlankSpace.co.uk is also well worth a visit if your looking for personalised Perspex art, prices are the lowest in the UK and quaility rivals the best there is.

http://www.myblankspace.co.uk

There's also a fantastic collection of Tretchikoff images along with a hoard of other famous retor kitch images supplied by Hemingway Design.

#8 pollyanna03

pollyanna03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

thanks for your information
dvdcollectionsale
dvdcollection sale

#9 S.Peters

S.Peters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

I have used ESJDesigns for acrylic printing. They seem to be the cheapest place by a long way for acrylic prints. An A3 is only £40 and an A2 only £79. The prices include delivery. They print the images directly onto the acrylic. White is not printed, which give a nice effect when hung against a white wall.

Find them here http://www.esjdesigns.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users