Photo

Zoom

2 replies to this topic

#1 sameashby

sameashby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful Family (husband, 2 kids, bump), photography, walking and reading.<br /><br />I've just got my first SLR!! I have a second hand sony A100 with a 18-70mm macro lens, and I'm happily experimenting with what I can do. I'm really impressed by the fact i can get good pictures of teh children without sticking the camera up their noses! we also have a Canon Ixus 70, which is a wonderful compact camera (I love it, it's brilliant) which is perfect for keeping in a pocket for capturing a great moment. I'm hoping to turn semi pro at some point, so all ideas and constructive criticism is very very welcome!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

i have a sony a100 with a 18-70 lens, but now i'm finding i need something with more zoom too. what would yuo suggest? I need to keep fairly low cost, but I'm quite happy to buy second hand. i also don't need IS lenses as thereis IS in the body. I know Sony lenses are expensive, but does anyone elses fit the a100? Idea on a postcard, please!!

#2 Kittenajs

Kittenajs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

Try any Lenses with the Alpha A mount.

Tamron and Sigma do compatiable lenses.

for a nice clear zoom lens try Tamron AF70-300mm F4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 in the sony fit its really good.

i have the A200 with the same lenses and love them.

#3 sameashby

sameashby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful Family (husband, 2 kids, bump), photography, walking and reading.<br /><br />I've just got my first SLR!! I have a second hand sony A100 with a 18-70mm macro lens, and I'm happily experimenting with what I can do. I'm really impressed by the fact i can get good pictures of teh children without sticking the camera up their noses! we also have a Canon Ixus 70, which is a wonderful compact camera (I love it, it's brilliant) which is perfect for keeping in a pocket for capturing a great moment. I'm hoping to turn semi pro at some point, so all ideas and constructive criticism is very very welcome!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Kittenajs @ Sep 5 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try any Lenses with the Alpha A mount.

Tamron and Sigma do compatiable lenses.

for a nice clear zoom lens try Tamron AF70-300mm F4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 in the sony fit its really good.

i have the A200 with the same lenses and love them.

that's great thank you - just what I was looking for cool.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users