#1 eirigurd

eirigurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:portrait potography, photoshopping, british horseracing

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:41 AM

I see many of my new friends her send in a lot of photos from the same event. Of course I understand the enthusiasm when you have many very good pics, but I think we should show some self discipline and choose ourselves which is "The Picture" and only submit that. Just sending in the whole bunch and letting the others decide to me resembles shying responsibility for your own work.
Am I too hard? Do we rather want to see more but not our best photos?
What do you think friends?
eirigurd
Danmark
with every respect
Eirigurd

http://es666666.multiply.com/photos

#2 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

I am unclear as to whether you suggest sending only one picture of an event ever, or within a specific range of time.

Chris

#3 eirigurd

eirigurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:portrait potography, photoshopping, british horseracing

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (artfulpics @ Sep 11 2008, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am unclear as to whether you suggest sending only one picture of an event ever, or within a specific range of time.

Chris

I am suggesting if e.g. you have been to a regatta on Sunday, send the best pic of that regatta, and when you go racing on Saturday send the top photo of Frankie Dettoriīs flying dismount.
I am not saying that you canīt next month send the photo where he crosses the line in a photofinish.
I just think it is a sort of lazynes and disrespect if you send five rather similar photos of a galloping horse and expect us to comment which we like best. Disrepectful foremost to your own work but also a bit to us, for who will bother to comment on five similar photos? ( I donīt) Maybe I would comment on one : "Like this best", but that is all.
Do I make sense now, Chris?
Best to you
eirigurd
with every respect
Eirigurd

http://es666666.multiply.com/photos

#4 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:31 PM

Yep, your point of view is pretty clear. I appreciate the elaboration.

The whole point of self-discipline is that it can't be regulated, or it's not self-discipline. People have the power to choose how many pictures they put on the blog, be it all different or almost exactly the same. The tradeoff, as you point out, is that less comments will be returned. However, maybe somebody's trying to back up some pictures, not get comments.

Chris

#5 anthonym

anthonym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (artfulpics @ Sep 12 2008, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, your point of view is pretty clear. I appreciate the elaboration.

The whole point of self-discipline is that it can't be regulated, or it's not self-discipline. People have the power to choose how many pictures they put on the blog, be it all different or almost exactly the same. The tradeoff, as you point out, is that less comments will be returned. However, maybe somebody's trying to back up some pictures, not get comments.

Chris

I agree there.

Portrait and Event Photography service in Huddersfield West Yorkshire

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users