Film Based Slrs

1 reply to this topic

#1 hibhaven

hibhaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

hi, this is my first post on this forum. I have two SLRs, both Canon. The Digital Rebel 2000 is film based (It was gifted to me when I got married) and later I bought Canon EOS 400D (ofcourse Digital). And I also have 3 lenses. The 35-80 mm came with the Rebel and 18-55 mm came with the digital. Midways I bought myself a 70-300 mm USM III. Now I am not sure what to do with 2 SLRs and 3 lenses. Is the film based SLR of any use? (I havent used it in 2 years since I got the digital one). Should I keep it till it becomes an antique piece another 15-20 years down the line?

Also, while I have 3 lenses, I dont have any fixed lens (which I have read are better) nor any macro (I do do photography regularly and would like to use the macro feature available, but unfortuately its not present in any of the 3 lenses I have). While I have done a lot of research on the net, net result is that I am confused as to what I should buy.

Any suggestion/ opinion on this would be welcome.

#2 Peggyd

Peggyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

Do some research on ebay and see what they're selling for, maybe that will motivate you to sell or to keep it. I doubt that the Rebel 2000 will be of any antique value but you may have some personal sentimental value attached to it. Good Luck!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users