Jump to content



1 reply to this topic

#1 Tami



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:Photography, writing poetry, writing, playing piano, want to learn the violin or cello

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:35 AM

I have a EOS Rebel G II 35mm and would like to use a 25mm wide angle lens I aquired. Problem is, the lens is a FD. I'm looking for an adapter for my 35mm. I'm new to photography so I don't really know where to go. sad.gif




  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

Hi Tami
Yes you can obtain an adapter for FD mount to eos, check out a company called
SRB. www.srbfilm.co.uk

the down side is that some adapter fittings require a element in them to maintain infinity focus of your lens, and i think this adds about 15 to 20% to focal length ( making your wide angle not as wide as you may wish.
the other fact is cost approx 40 - 50. i have seen one used with a tamron 90mm macro lens which worked well.
think canon used to make this type of adapter but would think could well be more expensive. with so many canon fit lenses i would personally get a good second hand 24mm.

hope this Helps
Martin (Huckaback photo)

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users