Photo

Www.freshlightphoto.com

6 replies to this topic

#1 peterchristopher

peterchristopher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Photography, graphic design, snowboarding, sailing, travelling, writing & cooking!

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:48 PM

I am developing a new website to sell images as both prints and stock photos and to provide graphic design services for individuals and small businesses.

The site itself is an example of how photography can be integrated with web design. Official launch is mid-January, but you can get a taste of what it will look like now.

If anyone has any feedback it would be much appreciated!

URL: http://www.freshligh....com/index.html

Thanks!
Pete

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 11:17 AM

The general design looks very neat and tidy to me - refreshingly simple and easy to navigate.

Have you sold many photos yet? How are you promoting the site?
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 peterchristopher

peterchristopher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Photography, graphic design, snowboarding, sailing, travelling, writing & cooking!

Posted 09 December 2003 - 03:08 PM

Thanks Mark!

No I haven't sold any prints yet, in fact my online store won't even be open for another 5 weeks. At this point I am running some test prints, researching pricing, and developing a (small) marketing campaign. I won't have much of a budget initially, so at first I will just post flyers in coffee shops, etc and try to get a good listing with Google (no easy task). After that, I may try Google AdWords.

I really appreciate you saying that the site is easy to navigate, that was one of my goals in designing this site.

Pete

#4 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (peterchristopher @ Dec 9 2003, 03:08 PM)
No I haven't sold any prints yet, in fact my online store won't even be open for another 5 weeks.

Ahhh - I see smile.gif

I would be very interested to see how your site develops - please keep me posted!
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#5 peterchristopher

peterchristopher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 05:55 PM

I will. By the way I took a look at some of your work and I love it. I also really like the way your images are organized into 5 main categories....this is the main thing that's lacking on my site at this point. Thanks for the inspiration!

#6 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:01 PM

Thanks! biggrin.gif

I'm not too sure if the categories make complete sense, as i don't do much landscape photography and have a category for it which only contains 3 images! Most of my photos are in the Travel and People folders.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#7 peterchristopher

peterchristopher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:02 PM

Well it looks good!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users