6 replies to this topic

#1 ddmckinney1954

ddmckinney1954

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:obviously photography, animals, piano, stocks

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:35 PM

I have worked with nothing but PC's since 1984; however I am now considering changing over the Mac G5. Is it worth the exobident price?
Previously I had to use PC's because of my business but now I am doing more and more photography with huge files. Thanks for giving me some input

#2 Kurt

Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 08:18 PM

Get the mac. You won't regret it.

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:05 PM

Well, I use a PC! tongue.gif
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#4 Rory Cameron

Rory Cameron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:15 PM

Your only serious choice has to be the Mac - I've never looked back since 1999 I took it on good advice from a mate at Adobe.

biggrin.gif

#5 kkipper

kkipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

i have used PC for years and a great PC fan. - apart from paranoia re viruses etc

I was after a new monitor and after pricing the PC with the spec I wanted plus the cost of a good monitor the price was comparable to buying a mac.

I bought the iMac G5 20ins sceen and have never looked back. I wish I had bought a mac years ago.

It is beautiful to look at. I have Bluetooth and wireless mouse and keyboard.
It is simple to use
it is compatible with PC so can open PC files and PCs c an open your files
It is full of fantastic integrated software i iPhoto/iMovie/iDVD/iTunes.
It is virus free.
it Syncs with my iPod
When you add a printer or a scanner or other hardware - it just finds it and reads it.
This screen is amazing.
I cant ell you enough how i love my mac.

I go now to my PC and it is full of files and folders all over the place and its frankly - a mess. Software all over the place. om my mac the software is all together and is all simple and doesnt put files everywhere.

#6 mhdesign

mhdesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Creating and merchandising new applications for digital art, particularly oriented to the general public. Decorative lighting.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

I've used a Mac for 10 years, PCs for about 5, but solely use the Mac---PC only for techie software.
If your main uses are for visual arts, photoshop, graphics, digi art, film and sound, then Mac is tops.
If you were into programming, webbie and techie stuff, then PC would be more suitable, as most of that software is PC.

Mac: -Cost +Ease of use, intuitive +Can reinstall OS without affecting your files and software + Visual arts oriented +Firewire and USB2 speed

PC: -Confusing to use -Reinstalling OS screws up all your files and software (in my experience, and often makes no difference to the original problem) -Mysterious in its neuroses and repair, to put it nicely -Hidden files that act as system bombs when they hiccup -Need to Defrag drive often (have not had to defrag my 8 year old Mac since I've had it) +Color redition not as good

Slam dunk for me.

#7 Druze91

Druze91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:02 AM

I have only really ever used Macs even though I used our old mac for not much more than a glorified typewriter. Since getting an eMac I have really got into digital Media and started courses in Photoshop and InDesign. At college the art department use only Macs as opposed to the rest of the college, that should tell you somthing.

Recently I have started using PCs at work. I find them hard to understand and non-intuitive though if they are more buggy I don't have to deal with that. My mothers PC is so rubbish I stopped trying to use it and felt lucky that I managed to rescue my camera card and flashdisk unharmed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users