Applemac Photo Filing Program

2 replies to this topic

#1 Eos

Eos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

A a new Applemac user I would appreciate if anyone could recommend a good photo filing program ( freeware maybe ) that is easy to use and suitable for handling several thousand images.
As I will ultimately have a large number of images to maintain I would also appreciate any advise or maybe links suggesting an easy and workable system for cataloging and filing a large library of photographs that may also be used for magazines and publications etc.

Your help is appreciated - Rob

#2 sailfree

sailfree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Eos @ Nov 12 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A a new Applemac user I would appreciate if anyone could recommend a good photo filing program ( freeware maybe ) that is easy to use and suitable for handling several thousand images.
As I will ultimately have a large number of images to maintain I would also appreciate any advise or maybe links suggesting an easy and workable system for cataloging and filing a large library of photographs that may also be used for magazines and publications etc.

Your help is appreciated - Rob

Picasa or Windows Live Gallery should do the trick. Both free. Picasa has been around longer and does lots of stuff other than filing...image editing, slide shows, web albums, geotagging, handles both JPEG and RAW images, etc.

#3 Tophee

Tophee

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

As an apple mac user, you can use Iphoto. It comes free with the mac and is very good for organising your picture. I have about 25 000 picture in my iPhoto and it handle this whithout problem.

You wont find anything better free. If you want to spend some money, you can get either apperture or lighroom.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users