10 replies to this topic

#1 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Mark;
Lately; these past 2 months... there has been a dramatic occurances of MASS FLOODING.
Is there no control in/to this? I know there is... problem is, Will something be done or do you (PhotographyBlog.) keep lossing older members due to this problem,. And indeed it is a "Problem".
Please do something about this... this is a request I'm sure from alot of Members.
~Kelly

#2 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

Kelly,

Thanks for bringing up this old subject. I was thinking of re-addressing the issue myself. I had to wait for the onslaught to subside from yesterday before I could post another pic.

I've found that in most cases a kind word to the poster stops that particular person from repeating the offense. I usually pic the one of their many posts that I think is the best, comment on it, then leave my opinion about what I think would be a more managable posting rate.

Trouble is, sometimes I just get tired of repeating myself. Maybe I'll prepare a nice statement, save it in Word, and copy & paste it in whenever I need it. Hmm...

Chris

#3 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Thanks Chris for your input...smile.gif
However... Something needs to be done by Mark.
Us as Members have done as you have mentioned. Telling the Newbie in a polite way or by a IM that it would be MUCH Appreciated IF they uploaded a MAX of 3 per day.
Also; as Members... we should not have to "Babysit Newbies actions".
It is up to Administration to do the job; thereby increasing members rather than having the old timers leave this blog. in order to find a site without the constant flooding.
This is getting out of hand and with it comes irritation/sheer frustration and most of all less patience while "Hoping/Praying" this site improves... not crumble.
There are many other sites out there that has "FREE UNLIMITED UPLOADS!" perhaps thats the place for these flooders to check out.
I personally enjoyed this site due to the "RESPECT" it once held... but lately that respect is decreasing rather rapidly.
~Kelly

#4 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hi Members .... and Our Administator Mark

I'm sure all older Members; have been witnessing this past month Flooding, in the Main Gallery.
In particular there is one new Member AKA huschke1 who since November 2008 has doing alot "ALOT" of Flooding.
I know that 3-4 other older Members have wrote replies to this person & that person AKA : huschke1 did at one point Appologize & even went so far as to saying it wouldn't happen again.

Here has been huschke1[u] recent UPLOAD DETAILS:
Nov.13-08 _ 11 images posted in less than a day.
Nov.18-08 _ 23 images posted in less than 1/2 a day.
Jan.23-09 _ 17 images posted in less than a 1/4 of a day.
Jan.29-09 _ 16 images posted in 3/4 of an hour.

Mark; many of us as older Members are indeed tired that "NOTHING" is being done ....
Consideration is NOT being Applied and its making it hard just to get to this blog & even HARDER uploading 1 image never mind even logging on.

We do NEED to get something happening to STOP the MASS FLOODING.
Is there ANY CONTROL in this blog????
Many older Members (and darn GOOD ONE's too) Have left this blog due to this Reason Alone....
How about some real Help from our Administrator... who CAN do what truly NEEDS to be done & it can be as simple as setting a daily limit on Images that are UPLOADED.

Sincerily Kelly (AKA JASS)

#5 Funbeast

Funbeast

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Seconded, or thirded if you count Chris (Artfulpics).
Say what you really think....i'll only cry a little bit.

#6 local yokel

local yokel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

As a new member to this forum, I find this a shame that one of the very first articles I read is one slagging 'noobs' off about the amount of posts / uploads.

A very nice welcome to an obviously snobbish & elite group then.

Thanks, I don't think I'll bother to even 'share' one pic then, if this is the general attitude on here.

#7 Funbeast

Funbeast

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

We're not snobbish, it's just that the front page of the gallery only shows 16 pictures and this is all many people look at.
This means that if someone posts 2 or 3 pictures and then someone else posts 15, the person who posted 2 or 3 will probably not get any comments on some of their work as many people just won't see it.
Nobody was "slagging of noobs", just saying that a little bit of posting etiquette could be shown by everyone.
Personaly i find your attitude rather snobbish.
...... Oh and by the way, Welcome to the blog. wink.gif
Say what you really think....i'll only cry a little bit.

#8 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hi, local, and welcome from me, too. The overloading problem is something that is more or less agreed upon by many people, and 99% of the time when somebody says something about it, we're trying to alert you to the effect, not to snub you. Another thing we've discussed in the past is the fact that if this info could in some way be imparted to new members before they begin posting, it would fix the problem before it even existed. If we wanted to snub you, we'd just never look at your pictures or comment on them, or pay any attention to you at all.

New members offer something exciting in the potential their photography brings. Go ahead, be a pal and show us something, eh?

Chris

#9 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:35 AM

First off let me "Welcome You, local yokel to this blog!" ... and newbies are "very Welcome to post & share in their creativity of their captures; with other members."
Not only will you or any-other new member be giving veiws of your style... but also you will & can learn from more experienced photographers in areas you may not yet to have discovered. It can be challenging & very exciting!!!

Second... Most of us are open to new members (not how you have precieved us to be... snoobish).
But what we DO want to re-apply... is clarity as to most members of preference as to Uploading... Meaning that MOST New Members have no idea as to when UPLOADING images, most automatically think they are Uploading in their Own Gallery; when the mere fact is they are Uploading into'onto the Main Gallery Page thereby if a new member Uploads many, many images in which they think they are uploading in the gallery... That IS Where the issue arises.
And that is where other members hope to have a chance for their image or images (3-4 posts per day) have at least a chance to be veiwed by other members.

What most Members would like to see is that in the Sign_UP area a place with a set limit per day is posted.
One that has a "Clear Message" as to the total limit of Up-Loads.... for the sheer fact as to Avoid frustration of having to deal with the Issues that Can & Will continue to mount, when the fact is, This ISSUE of Flooding Could be diminished at once.

Rather than as you wrote... snoobish... it would NIP IT IN THE BUD before disharmony arises... After-all, this is a blog for ALL User's New or Old. smile.gif

Regards
Jass

#10 desertpea

desertpea

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Funbeast @ Mar 17 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the front page of the gallery only shows 16 pictures and this is all many people look at.

ph34r.gif - then they're lazy, aren't they?
It's the Samsung WB500 gang that drives me nuts.

#11 26tunafish

26tunafish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:31 AM

Hi there. I'm one of the newbies that didn't realise this. Thinking about it now it should have been obvious not to flood you with new pics. I have just put on 12 photos and was so excited because I have never done anything like this before. Now I feel stupid but promise never to do it again. Sorry guys!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users