#1 eirigurd

eirigurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:portrait potography, photoshopping, british horseracing

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

I know it is tempting, because nature is beautiful, but I also find it a bit too easy and there are so many that my stomach is giving the first signs of being sick on the floor: SUNSETS - and sunrises as well.
May I suggest at least one month in which sunsets/sunups are not allowed on these pages.
Let us create some photography that does not only show beauty, but gives us something to think about!
What?

With all respect
Eirigurd
with every respect
Eirigurd

http://es666666.multiply.com/photos

#2 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

I've done a few sunsets/rises in my time, and find the challenge is to create a new way of seeing one. There are enough in the world already, and it's a really easy thing to create just another cliche. However, why draw a moretorium against them and not say anything about flower shots? Babies? Birds? See, there are many, many saturation-photographed subjects.

A daily philosophy of mine: more choice is better than less choice. So let the sunsets be, and only choose to look at other images if that's what you want, but don't try to eliminate them from the world.

Chris

#3 eirigurd

eirigurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

You are absolutely right, of course, more freedom,less rules. I was just fed up with sunsets in which the real art was made by The Creator/Nature and not by the photographer.
I will withdraw my suggestion - I meant we, the autors should put the ban on ourselves, not the Site - and try to find some of my own sunsets to send in laugh.gif
with all respect
Eirigurd

QUOTE (artfulpics @ Jan 13 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've done a few sunsets/rises in my time, and find the challenge is to create a new way of seeing one. There are enough in the world already, and it's a really easy thing to create just another cliche. However, why draw a moretorium against them and not say anything about flower shots? Babies? Birds? See, there are many, many saturation-photographed subjects.

A daily philosophy of mine: more choice is better than less choice. So let the sunsets be, and only choose to look at other images if that's what you want, but don't try to eliminate them from the world.

Chris

with every respect
Eirigurd

#4 videodrome

videodrome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

I do agree with this- But hey, were photographers! If we see something beautiful, we snap it- its a bit of a disease isn't it!

#5 eirigurd

eirigurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

yuo´re right of course. It is tempting and nothing wrong with that. Just thought on these pages we should show some work, not just snaps cool.gif

QUOTE (videodrome @ Feb 5 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do agree with this- But hey, were photographers! If we see something beautiful, we snap it- its a bit of a disease isn't it!

with every respect
Eirigurd

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users