16 replies to this topic

#1 rmc0302

rmc0302

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

Hello all,
I am new here. My husband bought me a Nikon D40 for out Anniversary because I have always loved to take pictures. I am not good at it so I thought I would join a place that I can get tips and help, so if you have any tips for me please let me know.

Becky

#2 Guest_artfulpics_*

Guest_artfulpics_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

Hi, Becky, welcome to the Blog. Take pictures of what interests you. Read photo magazines and try to emulate what you see. Post a pic or two (best rate of posting is about 1-3 per day) and see if any good advice comes from that.

Your camera can do all auto or all manual. If trying it manual isn't fun, then stop and go to auto. If you're not having fun, you're missing out on something.

Chris

#3 tivey

tivey

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

Hi Becky

Welcome to the blog! Chris has said it all perfectly. Just go out and play with the new toy and see what happens. I have learnt a lot just from seeing others images on this site, so keep looking at others images and try to see where there image strengths are and see from the exif how they have done it.

Viv

#4 JasminenHoney

JasminenHoney

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hi Becky smile.gif and "Welcome to the blog!"

Just want you to know, that alot of us were newbies & alot we've learnt by veiwing, posting & not being afraid to ask when in doubt.
You will find alot of the members are more then willing to give idea's... best way to learn is paticipating!

Have fun... looking forward in veiwing your images.
~Kelly

#5 rmc0302

rmc0302

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

Thank you for the welcomes and advise.

#6 Angel-L

Angel-L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Love to take pictures and just starting up my own website of bespoke designs.All handcrafted by myself.<br />www.angel-l.co.uk

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hi Everyone,
I too am new here. I used to take lots of pictures but got ill so stopped and just recently started taking them again.So I guess there are lots of new things for me to learn.So any tips gratefully recieved.Also its a pleasure to meet you all. rolleyes.gif

Angel-L

#7 photocat

photocat

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (Angel-L @ Apr 6 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone,
I too am new here. I used to take lots of pictures but got ill so stopped and just recently started taking them again.So I guess there are lots of new things for me to learn.So any tips gratefully recieved.Also its a pleasure to meet you all. rolleyes.gif

Angel-L

I do hope you have recovered fully. It seems to me, viewing your work, that you haven't lost your touch. The blog-family are a super bunch. Welcome. Cat
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see ~ Henry David Thoreau

#8 tivey

tivey

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hi Angel L

Photography is a great mental diversion if you have been ill - it distracts the mind very well. I do like your shots - keep at it!

Viv

#9 Angel-L

Angel-L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Love to take pictures and just starting up my own website of bespoke designs.All handcrafted by myself.<br />www.angel-l.co.uk

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hey thanks for your lovely comments.I will keep it up.A pleasure to met you and the others on here. : smile.gif

#10 Rick66

Rick66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hello People! smile.gif I am really interested in photography. As starters, I have been using a digital camera (Nikon Cool Pix) for my photographs. Now, I have tried really hard to get blurry backgrounds while taking portraits, however, it just does not happen :/. Any suggestions? I am planning on saving and moving up to an SLR once I feed my knowledge and skill a little more:)

#11 ttnyr

ttnyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hi, once you get used to your camera you should check out this site www.egiftmaker.com

#12 Rick66

Rick66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

Thank you so much for this information.

I went on the suggested website and browsed through some links. The information given on the website is very helpful and it has helped me in learning a bit about the art of photography.

However, I am still unable to get the blurry backgrounds while taking portraits. Any other suggestions?

#13 beulahkilborn781

beulahkilborn781

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hello Everyone ,
I Introducing to the forum as a new member and i am very glad to be part of this forum. I hope, I can contribute to the forum with my knowledge and would love to be a member of this forum for long time.

#14 shutterbasics

shutterbasics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

Hi everyone

I'm a newly addicted photographer as well.

Just took my first photography workshop this weekend so my head is spinning with information.

Love everyone's tips. Great to see so many helpful people.

#15 Guest_The Return of Chris_*

Guest_The Return of Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Hi, new folk. smile.gif As somebody who's taken a pic or two, I'd like to encourage you all to try everything you hear of so you can find out what you like. Please try to understand photographic approaches that might differ from yours. We have an incredibly diverse hobby here.

And a fun one. Have fun!

Chris

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users