I am building a photo library.
Although I have been following DAM for years. I would like to hear readers' views with regards to:
1. What storage size (terabytes, gigabytes) for the future?
2. What processing power (for Mac/Windows) system?
3. What RAM memory?
4. What kind of storage solution?
5. What DAM system?
6. How many manpower?
Recently, the DNG format raised the reality of RAW format for archival. Canon and Nikon have gone into 16+ and 12+ MPs and several consumer digital camera are in the 6-8 MPs.
If there is no other basis, then let say:
1. Presently, average 2.5MB/pix (Jpg), 1000 pictures/month (unedited).
2. Future: 20MB/pix (est. 12MPs RAW), 1000 pictures/month.
Projection-raw, Mps, Etc.
1 reply to this topic
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users