This Site

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:52 PM

I used to enjoy this site and found it usefull for getting upto date info quickly. Now with all the "Contest" info coming up with every heading and the "giveaways" together with the extremelly slow upload until all the advertisements are done I find it more anoying than helpfull. Another good site gone bad and link removed from Favorites.

#2 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:3rd Rock from the Sun in a small town called New York.
  • Interests:Photography,baseball , Ham radio.

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:04 AM

unfortunately unless you want to donate a few thousand dollors per month along with 18 hours a day of your time, the adds are not such a bad thing. They help pay the bills.Would you like to see the owner dig in his pocket to pay for the full cost of running this web sight, just becouse you don't like to look at a few advertisements mad.gif
"Leave the gun. Take the canolies." ...Frank

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:28 AM

Hi Mike, thanks for the feedback.

I am working on a few things behind the scenes that will hopefully sort out the speed issue.

As for the adverts, they're definitely staying I'm afraid - someone has to pay me to run the site!
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#4 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the reply Mark. Actually the advertisements don't bother me as much as the slow download and all the contest and prize info that heads up the list sometimes. You sometimes have to scroll 1/3 of the way down to get to the news. Your site has proven very usefull and informative at times however, which is much appreciated.
Fdinaro does seem to have a problem with constructive comments though which is typical on the web for with some people. Most of the people that link to your site are however probably more concerned with getting out and taking pictures than spending all their time on the web or chat sites.

#5 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:3rd Rock from the Sun in a small town called New York.
  • Interests:Photography,baseball , Ham radio.

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:04 AM

mike the only problem I had was your comment "Another good site gone bad " this is simply not true. This is a great place for learning everything about photography.I don't think that was a fair statement. cool.gif
"Leave the gun. Take the canolies." ...Frank

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users