Canon Zoom Lenses

4 replies to this topic

#1 merlin

merlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

hope somebody can help me with this, i currently have an eos400d and an old canon 70-210 f4 lens that has been pretty good over the years but im now wondering if it would be worth splashing out on a new lens and the one i am looking at is the canon 70-200L f4.From what ive been reading over the last few days,my 70-210 is reckoned to be a pretty good lens and would like to know if anybody with any experience of either/both of these lenses could let me know if the 70-200L is really worth the money (theyre about 550 in a major high street retailer) over what i already have. wink.gif

#2 deg222

deg222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:21 AM

Yes! I have the 70-200 L f4 and it is fantastic.

#3 sandrophoto

sandrophoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

yeah, it's THE upgrade for what u currently have. don't think twice, if u have cash go for it!
Digital photography - My photo blog
Famous photographers - Video Interviews, photos, biography
Photography Basics - Learn the essentials of photography!

#4 mwookie

mwookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

I agree that the L glass is an upgrade, but what type of photography do you do? Is it overkill? I always found it useful to go over to PhotoSig and see what others where doing with the equipment I already have. If I couldn't do that, I knew I had learning to do before I needed new equipment. I did finally end up buying a Canon 20D (this was 5 years ago) and still use that camera because I haven't been able to push the limit to where I need something more. I have the 70-200 and love it, but make sure its worth the money in your type of photography.

#5 Guest_The Return of Chris_*

Guest_The Return of Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

You can check user reviews of many lenses at fredmiranda.com

Chris

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users