1 reply to this topic

#1 dee

dee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

hello everyone.

i just purchased a lens at a flea market but come to find out it doesnt fit my nikon d40. kinda new to photography so i am still learning . can anyone please help me . the lens i purchased i know is not that high quality. Pro spec 28-200mm macro but i still want to see if i can find an adapter that will make it fit my nikon. thanks please do not hesitate to email me with a place where i can purchase an adapter. thank everyone. you will see me on the blog often i want to learn. thanks again.......

#2 siriusdogstar

siriusdogstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

any idea what brand camera the lens does fit? if you don't know, posting a photo of the mount would be helpful.

ebaY is one place to look for lens adapters.

lenses for cameras with mount to sensor distance greater than nikon, such as T-mount, work fine, so don't be discouraged, but you should know about the caveat.

caveat: because the distance from lens mount to sensor on Nikon cameras is longer than other brand cameras, there aren't many brandxxx to nikon adapters that allow for infinity focus. those that do typically have internal element which degrades performance similar to a teleconverter. those adapters without internal lens element can only focus closer.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users