Software Problem

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Iain Hamer_*

Guest_Iain Hamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:47 AM

I have recently purchased a Canon Powershot G5 camera - very good it is too - but the software is giving me a headache. When I connect the camera to my system via the USB lead and if the Canon Browser is already open, if I click on download images I get my Nortan Anti-Virus wanting to Install - not just scan for viruses. Any one got any ideas as to what to do? Canon(UK) have no knowledge of any conflicts
Yours hopefully
Iain

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:34 AM

Hi Iain. Does the problem occur if Norton Anti-Virus isn't running? If so then that would suggest that Norton Anti-Virus is the culprit.

Are you using Canon's ZoomBrowser program to download your images? Personally I've uninstalled this application, and just use Windows Explorer to copy the images from my camera to PC.

You may want to consider buying a Card Reader, which you attach to your PC via a USB port. This is more convenient and faster than using a USB cable to connect your camera directly to your PC. I bought a cheap one from http://www.7dayshop.co.uk - it cost me less than 10 and has worked perfectly.

Hope that helps.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 Guest_Iian Hamer_*

Guest_Iian Hamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2003 - 07:22 AM

Thanks Mark
Normally I leave NAV on so it may be the problem I Shall give it a try,
Iain

#4 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 12:55 PM

Let us know if that resolves the problem.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users