• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 erickp

erickp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

I was wondering if some of you can guide with your wisdom. I'm just starting to venture into photography as a business. I've had small jobs for family and friends but now I've been asked to do a Christening for a "real" client.

This is my equipment list at the moment:

D300
18-200mm f/3.5-5.6VR
105mm f/2.8VR

...and that's it, still working on building up my gear. I was considering renting but not sure what to get. Renting a flash was my first thought but as I read other posts, people mention that many churches don't allow flashes. Then I though of just using my 105mm but since I have a be a good 15ft away from the subject, it kind of worried my that it might not be the right choice. So a fast lens and high ISO seems to be the popular choice for many. Do you guys have any experience or suggestions?

Also, since I am still rather new at the business end of this, how much should I charge? How would I figure out what is a good fee, considering my lack of experience. I don't mind charging a lower than normal rate but don't want to discount the time and work involved with the shoot. Oh yeah, how do guys go about selling prints to your clients? Do you use a service link "Zenfolio" or "Smugmug" to accomplish this?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but any help is appreciated.

~Erick P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users