2 replies to this topic

#1 peterhiebler

peterhiebler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

hi there.
being relatively inexperienced with image processing; i'm wondering why i cannot open RAW files (taken with my Nikon D700) on Adobe Photoshop 7.0?
Any advice would be welcome.

Peter

#2 cdaveygo

cdaveygo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (peterhiebler @ Oct 9 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi there.
being relatively inexperienced with image processing; i'm wondering why i cannot open RAW files (taken with my Nikon D700) on Adobe Photoshop 7.0?

Peter

Peter,

You need camera raw to work on RAW files. Version 7.0 is prior to most RAW formats. You need at least version CS2 to utilize the Adobe Camera Raw application, although I would suggest at least CS3 as it has several advantages in dealing with photography files. If you are of the school that all your work is to be done in the camera, or at least most of it, then I would also check out Adobe Lightroom 2.0. It deals with RAW files and is especially helpful if you are trying to keep track of all your photos too.

Dave Alton
Luminary Photo
www.luminaryphoto.com
davealton@luminaryphoto.com

#3 peterhiebler

peterhiebler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (cdaveygo @ Oct 10 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (peterhiebler @ Oct 9 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi there.

Peter

Peter,

You need camera raw to work on RAW files. Version 7.0 is prior to most RAW formats. You need at least version CS2 to utilize the Adobe Camera Raw application, although I would suggest at least CS3 as it has several advantages in dealing with photography files. If you are of the school that all your work is to be done in the camera, or at least most of it, then I would also check out Adobe Lightroom 2.0. It deals with RAW files and is especially helpful if you are trying to keep track of all your photos too.

Dave Alton
Luminary Photo
www.luminaryphoto.com
davealton@luminaryphoto.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users