Photosig.com

3 replies to this topic

#1 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:22 PM

Is anyone here a member of Photosig.com? Just wondering if it's worth the $25 for the Premium membership...
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#2 rcco

rcco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:25 AM

i guess i will not talk about the features of the site... and in short i'm not a member, but i'm considering to be a 'Limited Member' the only down side is that one must post comments in order to post photos huh.gif only if i knew a 'Premium Member', laugh.gif

but just a thought!, you could always try this next year for $25 and see if the comments / views are good enough for you to evolve/develop your skills... i only go for a member in photosig for that, to display my work and develop my skills...

and what might you expect from photosig?

ps: remember that you already had a good display with your site (but who is counting my thoughts smile.gif) but i guess with photosig you could get more comments...
ps2: how my! this is long tongue.gif
ps3: just keep me posting (if is not too trouble...tongue.gif)

#3 pnicholls

pnicholls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 01:00 AM

I really enjoyed photosig when it was running version 1 software. With the change to version 2, i have not been very pleased with it. My main objection is that they now discourage any more than three critiques, and totally discourage any supportive comments by deeming them as "non-conforming". I know the change was intended to improve things, but it didn't work that way for me. I find myself posting mostly to UseFilm these days.

Regards,

Pete

My Web Page

#4 panchals

panchals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 01:07 PM

I am on photosig.com too

I haven't paid for membership, but just posting crits and getting the points to upload my images. (You'll recognise most of them).

I agree there is not a lot of incentive to add to an image with more than three conforming comments or to hand out 3Thumbs up.
But I would settle for three good crits, and the 3T tend to go the all the pro who post there - and they already know how good they are.

I think leaving crits and having people reply to my feble attempts has really helped improve my pictures - more than all the lens etc, etc.

I am go to photoblink.com too - which generates more comments but the quality of them is pretty low. ie "great shot"; "i like it" kind of thing

I think the issue with these sites - is that there are so many pro and excellent photos, that is average ones really don't get much in the way of comments.

I think it would be good to come up with a way to encourage more comments and votes to be left on this site - as it has such a generous upload limit and its free.

regards
Sailesh (panchals)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users