8 replies to this topic

#1 Antonis

Antonis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hello,
I have an MP610 printer. It seams that the printhead is glogged. I tryied several methds to ungligged it withou success.
I use this printer for 1 and a half year just for printing photos.
Now i that i can not fix the printhead i am thinking of buying a new printhead or will it be better to buy a new printer (Epson R1900) for printing photos/photoalbums?

Please tell me what do you think?
What is better to buy a new printhead? Will it glogged soon and have tha same problem? Or buy a new printer for printing better photos? I am thinking of EPSON R1900. Will i have tha same problem with this printer? what is your opinion?

Best regards,
Antonis

#2 aloxgayel

aloxgayel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

Currently there are two main printing systems: laser technology, the use of the toner cartridge and drum unit transfer, and ink jet cartridges and fine nozzle.

#3 OrchidGrower

OrchidGrower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hi Antonis,
I've got the R1900 and think it is about as good as it gets for the price. I tend to print large volumes of photos at very irregular intervals. The heads don't seems to clog. The one time they did, running the cleaning program fixed everything. My impression of the "repair (replace printhead)" versus "buy new" question is that replacing the printhead on your current printer is rarely cost effective.
Good luck,
OrchidGrower

QUOTE (Antonis @ Nov 19 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,
I have an MP610 printer. It seams that the printhead is glogged. I tryied several methds to ungligged it withou success.
I use this printer for 1 and a half year just for printing photos.
Now i that i can not fix the printhead i am thinking of buying a new printhead or will it be better to buy a new printer (Epson R1900) for printing photos/photoalbums?

Please tell me what do you think?
What is better to buy a new printhead? Will it glogged soon and have tha same problem? Or buy a new printer for printing better photos? I am thinking of EPSON R1900. Will i have tha same problem with this printer? what is your opinion?

Best regards,
Antonis

#4 john.chriss

john.chriss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

I have Epson stylus Photo 1400 inkjet and its the best printer i have ever used for photo printing. I would suggest you to buy a new printer instead of placing the heads because new heads also might cause the same problem after a few days.

#5 printsnpaints

printsnpaints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

In most cases itís more cost efficient to just buy a new printer than buy a new printhead. How long have you had the MP610? I would recommend the R1900, I have that one and it has yet to give me any problems. Good luck and let us know what you decided to do.

#6 Sire

Sire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

i Would prefer to get new one.
From my experience when some thing disturbs you just change it instead of spending money on him

#7 bhatti

bhatti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Replacement of printer is much better,
I have learned from my experience, whenever any electronic equipment gets serious problems.
Its better to get new one then replacing. (wether its a mobile phone or your computer).

kb

#8 Michael Yoni

Michael Yoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

So what is the cost of the print head and the cost of a new printer (of the same quality)

#9 jasminespero

jasminespero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

According to me buying a print head would be more cost effective option than to buy a new brand printer. Today you can find various replacement option for your print head in the market. One of the most widely used is inkjet cartridges. Compatible inkjet cartridges are widely used of almost all major brands such as Epson, HP, Dell, Samsung, Canon etc. Better performance and speed, cheaper price and its compatibility with any printer has increased the demand of inkjet cartridges in the market. You can also search for these these printer company. They provide online delivery of products to their customers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users