Acrylic Printing

7 replies to this topic

#1 blakestephen

blakestephen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:38 AM

Just letting everyone know about Four Blank Walls. They have been printing onto 10mm perspex (acrylic prints) or the last 7 years and were the first to coin the idea. They offer trade discounts to photographers and print photo realistic perspex rather than the more shabby direct print jobbies.

Prices start at 69.00 for a large piece trade. Make sure to ask for Trade prices tho and ask for a deal if you are ordering more than say three pieces at one time.

http://www.fourblankwalls.co.uk

#2 Jim Parker

Jim Parker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

Great, I also received a very good acrylic print from www.canvasprintsonline who also do very good canvas prints

#3 S.Peters

S.Peters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

Acrylic printing seems to be very expensive. I have found this company called ESJ Designs that sell acrylic printing at cheap prices. A3 @ 40, A2 @ 79, A1 @ 120. These prices include delivery as well. I had an A2 done and the quality was excellent. White is not printed so the image needs hanging against a light coloured wall. The image is printed direct onto the acrylic.

#4 gilroy

gilroy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

69.00 is not too expensive for a large piece trade...... I will try it with deal. I think its better to buy 1 large piece....

Thanks for sharing.

#5 Adan Daroski

Adan Daroski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Acrylic prints just are expensive. The base material isn't cheap in the first place. Photobox prices are pretty competitive I think.
Have you considered getting a print onto metallic paper? These have a lovely surface quality and almost glow. They might suit your subject well.

I should think this is the same with at least most acrylics, but I'm not quite positive about that. If anyone knows why acrylic would not be an archival mounting surface from a chemical reactive standpoint, please explain in detail.

The only way I would think, in theory at least, that glass or acrylic, if used for mounting would be harmful would be either by way of thermal expansion, ie. due to a large coefficient of thermal expansion, or by way of transmittance of UV, light, or other EM radiation.

#6 theimagebox

theimagebox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

Hi Guys

Take a look at my site. We do acrylic framed prints at very affordable pricing. We can also do a small trade discount for photographers.

You can contact me sales@theimagebox.co.uk

http://theimagebox.c...-framed-print-1

Thanks

#7 coreyd74

coreyd74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Hi all,

For those of you in the U.S., check out www.bumblejax.com. We face-mount to .25" clear acrylic with a 3mm black sintra backer. We attach douglas fir slats to the back as well as hanging hardware. Prints ship for free and come out of the box, ready to hang! Please feel free to email me with any questions.

#8 Katrina

Katrina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Do visit Acrylic Photo and Acrylic Prints for acrylic printing.
High Quality Canvas Prints at low rates - Visit Canvas Art Blog to find info about canvas art and photo canvas printing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users