Large File Transfer

10 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony teamson

Anthony teamson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

We all take magnificent photo's that we like to share. After we have used photoshop, and have perfected the look and feel we were looking for we save the file. Then we want to send it or share it with our peers. But the file is to big to send. The best product I have found to do this is Skoot: http://www.skootit.com, by Topia Technology. It can send ANY size file to your peers, colleagues, or customers without any trouble whatsoever. I now am able to organize and send my absolutely largest file with no hassles, and everyone I wish to look at my work gets it immediately. Bravo Skoot!

#2 ericdesouza

ericdesouza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:09 AM

I am using Qoodaa to transfer large files,and it's excellent.If you can go to //qoodaa.com// to try it.

#3 WeddingPhotographer

WeddingPhotographer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

I second "Qoodaa", great stuff...

#4 Taraboom

Taraboom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:photography, digital art, hiking

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:54 AM

Typically large files would be sent via FTP, for that you would need and FTP server accessible to all parties. Standard web hosting packages usually come with and FTP account.

#5 webadmin40

webadmin40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

Absolutely marvelous. I had been looking for exactly the same thing. Seriously it becomes a big headache when i edit a photo in photoshop and it size become too massive to share. I mean you can't even afford to alter the resolution of the photograph for a better quality. That's pathetic.. Anyways But thanks to you guys i think i have a solution to this problem. If it works out it would be so amazing smile.gif

#6 ArthurKing

ArthurKing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Taraboom @ May 18 2010, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Typically large files would be sent via FTP, for that you would need and FTP server accessible to all parties. Standard web hosting packages usually come with and FTP account.

Often struggled with this issue, but that sounds eminently sensible. Thanks for the tip.

#7 cblake

cblake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

I do a lot of photography with the articles and blog posts I write. I also have to submit my work to clients for approval so the files can become rather cumbersome. I use HomePipe to save, remote access and share files online. I can share any size file, anytime from anywhere. I don't have to send anything so it's totally trouble free. Plus, HomePipe is free so you can register and click the link in the email and you're done. You add people to share your files with and you can restrict them to a particular folder, etc. I like the fact that I don't hae to zip anything or deal with email limitations. HomePipe is really easy and I'd urge your to try it. Just got to HomePipe site and see for yourself. You can even use HomePipe with your mobile phone. Too easy. You gotta try it.

#8 LensCap

LensCap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

I personally like FTP (I use WSFTP), but people say I am "old school'. I work in the tradeshow booth displays design field, and the file size on tradeshow booth display designs can be 200 plus MB. The last thing one wants to do is start over if your transfer crashes at 98% complete, and with an FTP program, you can resume where you stopped instead of starting all over again. Not everyone has FTP, and for those that don't want to get an FTP program I recommend yousendit. I also just tried dropbox based on a friend's very strong recommendation, and it's pretty cool too.
But as for me, I'll stick with FTP.

#9 Alberto

Alberto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

I find FTP a bit intimidating for those unfamiliar with it, Skootit sounds like a great application - thanks! smile.gif

#10 salik

salik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Photography, wild life adventures

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:12 AM

I used to transfer files from my personal email of my website domain, but i think this is a good tool. Thanks anyways.

#11 jasonbrien

jasonbrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

One more software to transfer a large file which I want to share here is '4shared'. You can easily transfer about 5gb file in a few minutes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users