永代供養
業務用洗剤
Welcome to

#17 GBPhotography

GBPhotography

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Iím a photographer and image maker; I approach projects with the ethos that photography is more than just pointing and shooting; It is an art and I strives to make my art the best it can be.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

I use both Lightroom and Photoshop during my photography workflow.

I use LR to categorise and sort my images, apply RAW adjustments and basic adjustments and effects (all no destructive). I probably do 70% of my initial corrections and edits within Lightroom itself, as the 2 packages are integrated so that I can export images directly into Photoshop (you can even set it up to run droplets direct from within lightroom to process images in bulk in PS) after my initial corrections in LR I then make more detailed editing (there are no layers in Lightroom) and then save back into the Lightroom library; from there I can add further effects (all non destructive), print, export directly to my website, create contact sheets etc etc...

They are both very different and both have some similarities, but for me it's about speeding up my workflow and keeping track of the images and reducing my editing time.

If I had to choose.. I guess PS CS5 would be over lightroom as you can do do a lot within bridge and ACR to manage the workflow.

For me though both are fully integrated into my workflow

Regards
Graham

#18 carl0s

carl0s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Night OPhotography and Landscape Photography, Qi Gong, Swimming

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

I user Lightroom and Photoshop. For me the two work extremely Weill together. light room is specifically designed as a photographers "workflow" tool, as such is really good at what it does.

Photoshop for anything I cant do in lightroom.

Comparing the two is a waste of time because they have two separate purposes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users