#1 Guest_bay_*

Guest_bay_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

hi,
i am a digital camera virgin.
i recently purchased Olympus c310.
it came with camedia software.
my comp doesnt likle this software and starterd actig up since i installed it.
are there any substitutes out there?
i could upload pictures into the comp at one time but only after a zillion tries. now its come to a full stop and it simply keeps giving error messages.
please advise somebody
please mail me on bay.agnani@metronetssl.com
many cheers

#2 tabbycat

tabbycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:35 PM

From my own experience with digital camera's I never use the supplied software that comes with the camera.

The best way to connect with your computer is to use the supplied cable which connects the camera to the computer. My photographs get on to the computer via Windows XP which has its own transfer software.

The files can then be placed in a location of your choice, this avoids using the camera manufacturer's software.

The computer (Windows XP) will automatically recognise your camera as being an external drive-hence the simple task of downloading your pictures from the camera.

Personally I havent come accross any problems when connecting a camera to my computer via the supplied USB cable, as the camera is always detected as an external drive etc.

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:06 PM

I actually think that a better way to transfer images onto your computer is to buy a memory card reader, which plugs into a USB port and usually supports multiple card formats. They are generally quicker than connecting the camera directly, especially if you have USB2 on your computer, and you can leave it plugged in all the time for added convenience.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users