Novoflex Gear

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ThomasG_*

Guest_ThomasG_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:16 PM

Hello,

I would like some advice on the possible purchase of some gear to aid in both macro and tilt-shift photography. I have a Canon EOS based system and am considering purcashing some Novoflex gear. In particular, I see that there are two bellows systems, the BALPRO T/S and BALPRO 1. If I wanted to do straight macro work, I assume I would purcase the latter; for T/S work, the former. But, my question is, what if I would like to explore a bit of both? Can the BALPRO T/S be used as a macro rig, or would more kit need to be purchased (rails, additional brackets, etc.)?

Any help or advice, including alternative solutions, would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Thomas

#2 Guest_ThomasG_*

Guest_ThomasG_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:55 PM

I am sorry, but I neglected to mention an additional question about using this gear with Canon EOS. I see that Novoflex offers an "automatic" bellows which I believe - though am not sure - offers some communication between lens and body. Is this another option, or merely an addition to the other two solutions? I was planning on using a Canon 50mm/f1.4L or a Novoflex lens, depending on cost and ease of use.

Thanks again.
Thomas

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:09 PM

Hmmm can't say I know too much about Novoflex, other than posting a few of their recent press releases. Have you tried contacting them to see if they can help?
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#4 Guest_ThomasG_*

Guest_ThomasG_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:24 PM

Yes - via e-mail and I also requested some literature via post. Their (English) website is apparently experiencing problems given that there are numerous SQL errors under item descriptions and the like. I will try them again later.

Thanks.
Thomas

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users