Advice Please?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CJ_*

Guest_CJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:12 PM

Hi there!

I'd really appreciate any information anyone might have on a good beginners Digital SLR course in London. I recently bought my first SLR camera (Nikon D70) after only ever owning a Canon Ixus 400. I am literally a complete amateur and the Nikon beginner courses are booked out until July!!

I'd really like to do a course that covers the basics of digital photography, how to use the manual functions of the camera (aperture, speed, depth of field), as well as photo composition etc. Every course I have looked up is very much focused on digital image manipulation (photoshop etc) but not actually taking the photo.

Any info would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

CJ

#2 JBeam

JBeam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

I am in the states, so I can not suggest a class, but I can give a suggestion. Look around for classes that teach normal film photography. They will teach you everything you need to know about the things you pointed out and some will even teach darkroom techniques. You might not need the darkroom work, but it is still interesting and I think it's something that any photographer should atleast understand.

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:10 PM

You could always do a City and Guilds Photography course - that's how I got started! smile.gif
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users