38 replies to this topic

#1 PDH

PDH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:10 AM

I'm about to give up! And I believe I've tried them all. I'm going to have to walk down to my local print cartridge store and reluctantly buy myself a new one. There is nothing like the quality you get from photos printed at home. But this hobby doesn't come cheap when you look at the costs of the manufacturers print cartridge replacements. For me this comes to around 60 euro. So, I thought there must be a cheaper way.
Firstly, I tried the ink refill kit option. You get 60ml of colour for about 12 euro. Great! I thought, this is the answer to all my printing problems. However, it wasn't to be for me. It's messy for a start and you will in the end manage to get some ink back into the cartridge. And the print results weren't great for me. I somehow managed to blend all of the colours so everything came out brown. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
I then tried re-manufactured cartridges. But the print quality came out quite poor. The colours came out much lighter then I expected to varyingly consistencies.
And finally I tried out of date stock. Now, how print cartridges can go out of date is beyond me. Like what are they made of, fruit or something? Anyway, when I tried the out of date cartridge, which I got for 11 euro, everything seemed fine except I got no yellow!
Is it just me, or is it just that there is no such thing as cheap print cartridges when you're looking for quality?

#2 Guest_astro_*

Guest_astro_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:47 PM

Try the The Inkstop

#3 carpenterj

carpenterj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:13 PM

biggrin.gif I can understand your frustration with Printer-brand cartridges.

I was amazed at the amount of ink used by my Epson 1290, and the forum found the December "other" manufactured cartridges test from one of the magazines.

I bought and tried Man&Media cartridges from a supplier in the UK - they're great! Top quality colour and sharpness and I get five M&M for the price of One (1) Epson!! I also use these in my Epson 870, now.

I've tried to find my report on the forum lists but it eludes me.

#4 PDH

PDH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:22 AM

Ya don't have a web site where I might get Man&Media cartridges online by any chance?
P.

#5 Guest_JW_*

Guest_JW_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:55 AM

On reading a review of Man and Media Ink Cartridges in a popular digital photo mag, I contacted the company for inks. I believe Man and Media ink cartridges are the same as ORINK.
www.Britink.co.uk supply these and are very reasonably priced. I have just bought one of their sets, 3 each of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black for 33.97 (about 2.83 each). These are more than acceptable in my Epson Stylus CX5200. With cartridges this cheap, It rarely crosses my mind how much ink I'm using.

#6 PDH

PDH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (JW @ Apr 10 2005, 10:55 AM)
On reading a review of Man and Media Ink Cartridges in a popular digital photo mag, I contacted the company for inks. I believe Man and Media ink cartridges are the same as ORINK.
www.Britink.co.uk supply these and are very reasonably priced.  I have just bought one of their sets, 3 each of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black for 33.97 (about 2.83 each). These are more than acceptable in my Epson Stylus CX5200. With cartridges this cheap, It rarely crosses my mind how much ink I'm using.

How the quality for ya?

#7 Guest_Trevor Leeson_*

Guest_Trevor Leeson_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:56 AM

I ordered inks from Britink,but have not received them. After emailing them I
was told they had been posted on dec 28th 2005. Further emails have not been
answered,I am now out of ink, and out of pocket!. It has been a bitter lesson,
so much for cheap inks! T.Leeson

#8 Dave7312

Dave7312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

Have you tried 7dayshop they are in the Channel Islands and will send to uk by post. Typical price for a c olour cartrice for my Epson 935 is 99p each if you by 10

#9 Dave7312

Dave7312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Dave7312 @ Feb 27 2006, 06:22 PM)
Have you tried 7dayshop they are in the Channel Islands and will send to uk by post. Typical price for a c olour cartridge for my Epson 935 is 99p each if you buy 10

#10 sporksrule

sporksrule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:42 AM

Look for "remanufactured" on the label -- it means the cartridge isn't original, but made from original parts and filled with original ink/toner. Not as cheap as compatible cartridges, but much cheaper than OEMs. This guide here is pretty useful. smile.gif

#11 kenp

kenp

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts
  • Interests:My intrests are my camera,,fishing ,and extracting Jack Russel hairs from my sensor!,,,,

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (sporksrule @ Feb 6 2007, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look for "remanufactured" on the label -- it means the cartridge isn't original, but made from original parts and filled with original ink/toner. Not as cheap as compatible cartridges, but much cheaper than OEMs. This guide here is pretty useful. smile.gif

I have used ink cartridges from "Abitech"! in my printer for the last 3 years, the print quality is top notch and delivery is 2 days at the most, they do single colours or multi packs and are very,very reasonable,,,well worth a try.....Hope this is of some help................Kenp
If I see something I "SHOOT!"

#12 xBrianx

xBrianx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

Continuous Ink Systems are a great way to cut down costs of printing.

#13 priya

priya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:14 AM

or try http://www.cheap-pri...cartridges.net/

#14 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:44 PM

Try this place, good website: http://www.inkinablink.co.uk/

#15 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:09 AM

Yes, I understand how you all feel about this topic. I've spent too much money on cartridge due to the nature of my business, a lot of printing. I've bought all my cartridges from costco. However, I found a very cheap cartridge website ( http://www.inkjetoffice.com ) lately. I've not seen any place has lower price than that yet. However, the site is not ready for business. I just left my email to them to notify me when it's launched. You can just go there and take a look at it. You can come back to blame on me if you find the price is high.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users