Found A Software That Shrinks Large Images W/o Los

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:24 PM

eFotoXpress, a new image compression software program from the American Multiplexer Corporation shrinks images to an email- and storage-friendly size without any sacrifice in picture quality. I had one folder that I was sending with a 100 images and I sent it in seconds --- an impossibility in the past -- then viewed and printed at full resolution.

The compressed images look identical to the originals and can be printed as razor-sharp photos in any size from 3x5 to 8x10. The technology also reduces storage requirements by up to 1500 percent, preventing images from clogging hard drives or inboxes while also enabling users to store more images on their PCs or memory sticks.

eFotoXpress is available for download at www.efotoexpress.com and from other sources, including J&R Musicís stores and website (www.jr.com), It is under $50

Requires Microsoft Windows 2000, XP Home or XP Professional, and can be used with most Windows-based e-mail programs including Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail.

#2 Guest_Frank Wallace_*

Guest_Frank Wallace_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Apr 6 2005, 06:24 PM)
eFotoXpress, a new image compression software program from the American Multiplexer Corporation shrinks images to an email- and storage-friendly size without any sacrifice in picture quality.  I had one folder that I was sending with a 100 images and I sent it in seconds --- an impossibility in the past -- then viewed and printed at full resolution.

The compressed images look identical to the originals and can be printed as razor-sharp photos in any size from 3x5 to 8x10.  The technology also reduces storage requirements by up to 1500 percent, preventing images from clogging hard drives or inboxes while also enabling users to store more images on their PCs or memory sticks.

eFotoXpress is available for download at www.efotoexpress.com and from other sources, including J&R Musicís stores and website (www.jr.com), It is under $50

Requires Microsoft Windows 2000, XP Home or XP Professional, and can be used with most Windows-based e-mail programs including Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail.

This looks a great idea but you need to download the free viewer also
At the moment you cannot just send a jpg2000 file to your friends or work
they will also have to have this viewer or software to be able to manipulate it.

Perhaps the next version of Photoshop will be able to convert to jpg2000

#3 Guest_Dave Trester_*

Guest_Dave Trester_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

Perhaps the next version of Photoshop will be able to convert to jpg2000

What in hells name is a jpg2000? I know most file types but this one has me - any help?
Does CS2 already deal with these?

Arghh!!!!

Dave biggrin.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users