Uploading Photos

5 replies to this topic

#1 TGarvey

TGarvey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

I am having touble uploading photo I keep getting a server error message when I try agian it loads the picture twice. Is it me or is the problem on the site? Any one else having any problems?

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:52 PM

Hi,

What is the exact message that you are getting?
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 TGarvey

TGarvey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

It is giving me the error message "Server Error code=SERVER_RESPONCE_CLOSE The server closed the connection while reading the response. I am not very familair with the internet is this a problem on my end?? It happend again today
Thanks
TGarvey

#4 potto

potto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

Yep, am having the same problem and flooding the gallery with loads of my boring old pics all in a row. Seems to be telling you it can't find page to return to after uploading, then processing it multiple times. I also tried to upload another different photo after eventually successfully uploading one and the site loaded more of the previous pic onto the gallery? ? ? ? Don't think it's you TGarvey. Mark, Help!

#5 metalguru

metalguru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:08 AM

Same thing happening to me. Upload button pressed, new "bulk upload" page appears with previously uploaded photos, and I de-select the previous ones, punch "upload", and get a 'this page not available" standard internet error page, but if i refresh from that page, the photo usuallly uploads, but sometimes more than once......interesting.
If I wish to delete the multiple uploads, ALL of the thumbnails disappear, and even though I use the option to restore them, no effect.

There's a bug somewhere.

By the way, i am enjoying myself at this site, so i'll put up until it can be fixed.

Cheers

#6 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:22 AM

Hi everyone,

PhotographyBLOG was linked to by http://www.slashdot.org on Monday, which is a good thing in that the site got LOTS of extra traffic, but bad in that the server couldn't cope (and is still very slow). Needless to say I am looking into upgrading it.

One of the issues I think is with the Gallery problems that you are describing.

I will have a look into things today...
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users