Lines On Prints

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Guest_Kate_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I have recently brought the Epson R800 and have started printing photographs. I am having issues with small white lines/dots running through the image. I have nozzle checked the printer and everything but I am still getting the same effect. It only seems to be really noticible on images with black/darker tones in them. Thanks!

#2 donmac

donmac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:10 AM

A couple of things to be aware of are settings.
Make sure you set the printer software up for correct type of paper ( ie are you using normal paper, photo matt paper. photo gloss paper etc) and check the resolution(quality) it is set to. Try a higher resolution for photos.
Make sure its not your camera. Try printing something that wasnt taken by your camera. This wont neccessarily mean your camera is faulty. Maybe settings again.
The next option is take it back to the shop and show them the prints. If they cant come up with a satisfactory explanation demand a replacement. It could be a printer buffer (memory) problem.

#3 kkipper

kkipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:17 PM

I have had similar problems re printing with Epson printer. Small white dots across the picture happened a few times and it was the paper - being too thick. The cog wheels have little sharp teeth and were digging in the paper. Make sure you have the paper thickness setting on and not off. (The physical switch on the top of the printer.)

Actual lines across the print - I can get and it is usually the cartridge is blocking in just one colour and if you go to Print Utiility you can do the nozzle check - but you've done that -

My bet is that it is the paper you are using. I know that Ilford Gloss paper does this.
I would use Epson paper - premium Glossy Paper. I have bought cheap paper from the superrmarket and it has the same problem.
Also you could try using the print setting " Glossy Film" instead of Glossy Paper.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users